M44 remap?

Oldham1994

Dedicated Member
Hi all, I've completed most of the major jobs and modifications on my car now and I was thinking about a remap to take advantage of it all. I was however booked in for a remap an hours drive away from me the other week only to find out when I got there, they didn't have the right kit to do it!! My car has the 20 pin obd connector in the engine bay so that might have something to do with it. So does anyone know how or where I can get my 1.9 Z remapped? If it's not possible, a chip would probably be my last resort but then again I've heard mixed opinions them.

Thanks

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Plenty of adapters about, if you buy the £18 air bag re set tool it comes with the adapter, be surprised if any tuner worth his salt didn't have this piece of kit? Would be really interested if you do get it done.

Oldham1994

Dedicated Member
Plenty of adapters about, if you buy the £18 air bag re set tool it comes with the adapter, be surprised if any tuner worth his salt didn't have this piece of kit? Would be really interested if you do get it done.
Yeah I have an adapter which I bought for my diagnostic reader which goes from the well known 18 pin OBD2 to the round 20 pin. I asked if that's what they needed but apparently what they needed was a "500-600 pound kit" o_O

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
My 2.8 was tuned but from the OBD11 port under the steering they should have access to the ecu through the 20 pin port but it might be they need a 20 pin to serial port adapter. The kit he used connected in and simultaneously connected to a laptop.
He pulled the map from the ecu copied it then set about altering it it was then uploaded back to the car.

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
What difference did it make.

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I had heard there was very little margin left on the M44.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
What difference did it make.
On my car it changed the entire power delivery.
It makes abit more power and more torque but its more the way it get up and goes and it pulls clean in all gears.
Fuel economy is still good if not better it was worth the money for me.:thumbsup:

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
To be honest. I would use the money on something also. You hardly get any gains apart from throttle response on the larger engines that are standard so you would get even less on the M44