POLL Color Match Center Console

Should I color match the wood grain on the center console with Dakar Yellow to match the outside?

• Total voters

Dmills

In the process of restoring a 1997 Dakar Yellow 2.8 Zed. I had to replace the center console with the face lift console. Only problem is the original is wood grain and so is the face lift one I purchased but there are a couple cracks in the wood. Not bad but trying to create a very nice interior. Plus I think wood grain is kind of dated for a sports coupe. I am creating a more retro-rod look. I've replaced the wheels with Contours clad in Orbit Grey & lowered it (properly) and full high end paint job among many, many other mods and repairs. The interior was trashed so all that has been replaced with used but in crazy good shape black interior.

My poll question is should I color match the wood grain on the center console with Dakar Yellow to match the outside? Only the gear surround, AC and stereo pieces. Never seen it done but what do you all think?

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Go for it. Loud, proud and bold. Different is not necessarily wrong :thumbsup:

Dmills

I was also thinking of doing the cluster dial rings in yellow too. But that would be it. Any more might be over kill.