• Largus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aragosta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyrix1st

Dedicated Member
I am just looking to race competitively in ~2,000cc class, but I've noticed that there aren't many coilover choices for BMW Z3, particularly M44 model. With little research I've done, KW V3 seems to be the best choice, but I am open to all suggestions so I decided to make a poll :)

It'd be greatly appreciated if you could choose and explain your choices!

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
ST coil overs are made by KW , I’ve used them, they’re very good on the 1.9 (track use too) cheaper than the branded alternatives

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
I understand that the KW V3 are one of the very best (and fully adjustable, which will likely help a competitive race car) but also one of the most costly, around £1500 a set when I last looked.:thumbsup:

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
How experienced are you on track? I would guess you are fairly new to it so I suggest that a budget set up would be the way to go until they prove to be the limiting factor in your progress. No point blowing £1500 quid on suspension for a car that is only worth the same again unless you are pushing for class wins in a championship. If that’s the case sell a kidney and good luck. :thumbsup:

5harp3y

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Buy the moat expensive set you can afford.

Avoid eBay unbranded coilovers.

Try to get stainless bodies if you can (kW etc)

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual

kyrix1st

Dedicated Member
How experienced are you on track? I would guess you are fairly new to it so I suggest that a budget set up would be the way to go until they prove to be the limiting factor in your progress. No point blowing £1500 quid on suspension for a car that is only worth the same again unless you are pushing for class wins in a championship. If that’s the case sell a kidney and good luck. :thumbsup:
I totally agree with your sentiment. I do have domestic class A racing license (just got it!) though with three years of track experience, so I would consider myself intermediate+ :). Next race is in October (likely wet), so I'll have a fairly long time to practice, but yes I am going for the class win :)

I usually prefer building custom spec damping & roll from Bilstein coilovers (as I did for E36), but there were none for 1.9 and I've never used KW or other brands before so I wanted to get some insights. My ultimate goal is 2900cc+ class (M3 GTR, E92 etc) so I also consider this class a very good practice. I actually think it's harder to win in lower displacement class because there is simply no room for mistake with little power they have...:D

Julian Jeffrey

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 16v
Hi Team.....thanks @Dino D ......we love the GAZ set up developed for the ZCars.Racing series.......we can supply for £1290 + shipping.
They provide a truly balanced and communicative set up.....We want to drive these cars ALL DAY when we go out on track!!
Having said this we only have this very fortunate experience and cannot compare with the rest.
Best of luck and please come and see us race !! :welcome::racecar: