And so it begins again

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Yes as above front facing works fine . Its shape is just to get as much volume into the box as possible :thumbsup:

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
I really don't want to go to an oiled filter. I want the sound so I think I will just try to get more air into my original airbox and filter. Think I saw somewhere on here about a knockout that can be removed and run another inlet tube towards the bottom of the radiator housing.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I really don't want to go to an oiled filter. I want the sound so I think I will just try to get more air into my original airbox and filter. Think I saw somewhere on here about a knockout that can be removed and run another inlet tube towards the bottom of the radiator housing.
Mine is a dry filter, no oil required

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
That can be easily done but simply drilling holes in the air box works a treat for sound. J
You can get a spare air box if you worried about keeping it original.
I ran mine like that for years using OEM filters regularly changed but then later got a cone one for even more smiles per mile.
The cone filter is very loud and peak revs whereas a drilled air box is more noticeable at lower revs but less intense at high revs. Both sound great and one is free!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Mine is a dry filter and the noise it makes is awesome. The price was extremely good too.

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I want a Simota :arghh:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Mine is a dry filter and the noise it makes is awesome. The price was extremely good too.

Tony.
Got mine for £25 on offer, hose cost me a tenner and 2 jubilee clips for £4, total cost £39 :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
I
Yes mate he didn't get on with it. Can't remember why though.
Think it was because he blamed it for not getting stock BHP;)

Last edited:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Didn't @Bozzy have a Simota on the rolling road day ;) I remeber it getting sold shortly afterwards :D
I sure did. Being honest I didn't notice any iduction noise unless the engine was in the higher rev range, which really only happens on a track (for me anyway).
Certainly no bhp gain, infact it was under every other 2.8 on the rolling road.
Apparently some cone filters restrict the air intake, hence the noise you hear from them.
I get my kicks from the cat back exhaust noise, makes me grin every time I start the engine.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I sure did. Being honest I didn't notice any iduction noise unless the engine was in the higher rev range, which really only happens on a track (for me anyway).
Apparently some cone filters restrict the air intake, hence the noise you hear from them.
I get my kicks from the cat back exhaust noise, makes me grin every time I start the engine.
I don't think the noise is due to restriction, more to the sucking noise

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
what brand on the catback Bozzy