Announcement ZRoadster.org 2016 Calendar - Couple of spares available :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Yippee, it's here!

You have all been very patient, but first of all a big thank you to Ian (Redline) for taking time out of his hectic life to assist with the selection, collation and editing of all the images. His photo editing skills were exceptionally useful in tweaking a few images that otherwise couldn't be used as they weren't initially good enough quality - he did some Photoshop magic on them somehow!

Secondly a huge thank you to everyone who supplied an image when requested. We are sorry we couldn't use all of them, but there are only so many months in the year.

The calendar will feature 14 images. A front page, 12 month pages and a back page. The back page is a simple tribute to Ash, with a picture of his Zed driving down the Silverstone pit lane - a day I know he very much enjoyed.

On to some of the details and the final selection :)

How to pre-order your calendar - see post 2 (NOT READY YET!)

The second post on this thread will contain the links to pre-order your calendars, and all the information you need to do so including pricing. It's currently blank, as I'm still working on adding them to the store.

As in previous years the calendars are pre-ordered and paid for up front, and will be shipped for delivery before Christmas exactly as in previous years. Will stop taking orders on November 23rd after which you have missed the proverbial boat!

We plan to produce 2 different calendars this year assuming enough orders are placed!
  • A3 Landscape with large image and current month across bottom.
  • A4 Portrait "daily planner". Half image, half write on section.

The Final Selection - see post 3

The image below has some thumbnail images of the final 14 images - in no particular order as we haven't assigned them to a particular month as yet. Should be easy enough for you to skim through and see if you made the final cut or not!

The third post on this thread will have them at a larger size (again in no particular order) so you can get a better look at them.

film-strip-2.jpg

Last edited:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
How to pre-order your calendar

Visit the ZRoadster.org Store here - https://zroadster.org/store/2016-calendars.html

Notes:

• You are preordering the calendar and payment is taken up front. Payments are taken via PayPal, and you can use a credit/debit card if you don't have an account.
  • Closing date for pre-orders is 24th of November 2011. It's a one off order after this time, so if you miss out I will not be able to order any more ;)
  • A3 Calendars are £11.00 +P&P (worked out on checkout)
  • A4 Wall Planners are £11.00 +P&P (worked out on checkout).
  • Calendars will be shipped in December with the best endeavour that they will arrive before Christmas.
Collect from Gaz?
If you want to personally collect your calendar from me, then please use the code CALCOLLECT when checking out. DO NOT USE THIS CODE if you don't live near me, or are unlikely to see me at any stage in the near future. Anyone misusing the code will get the order cancelled, and you will need to reorder with your correct postal option selected!

If using the code you need to apply it after choosing your shipping option.

General Notes:
When you place a calendar in the basket you will see the following message. You will of course remember that this is a preorder ;)
upload_2015-11-5_23-50-45.png

A3 Calendars will be this format - obviously with a Zed on it, not this lady!
upload_2015-11-6_0-11-14.png

A4 Wall Planners will use this format... Obviously with pictures of Zeds, and not me down the pub with my mates.
upload_2015-11-6_0-12-30.png

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
A great selection Gaz, well done to you and Ian on this.

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Some really cracking choices there Gaz/Ian. Well done.

Mrs Mint

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport
Thanks @GazHyde and @Redline
Will get our order in so another calender will be on it's way to us to go with the others.
:thankyou:for selecting our Z4 it will forever remind us of our little foray to the other side :whistle:

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
I'd like to say thank you to everyone who provided images and responded to requests for the original files. Without your photo's there would be no calendar.

We had an enormous number of images to choose from, so, sadly, we couldn't use everyone's image. Some were simply the wrong shape for the calendar format despite being fabulous and worthy images. It was painful having to put them to one side.

Also, despite being fantastic photo's, some unfortunately wouldn't print well at the large size of the finished A3 calendar. It's a real shame - some super shots taken on mobile phones and the like simply can't be upsized without looking pixelated. I hope we've done justice to those that have been chosen.

We've also tried to keep the choice down to one person max to keep a fair.

For those that we have chosen, as Gary said, I've done some tweaks to some of the images using the magic of Photoshop. Some of annoying things that might have appeared in your original may no longer be there ;-)
This provided me with endless hours of fun and challenges. I hope I've not done too much to your original image and hope you are happy with the outcome.

Again, a big thank you to everyone who contributed.

Now - its your turn! It's time to get your orders in!

Ian

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Thanks @GazHyde and @Redline
Will get our order in so another calender will be on it's way to us to go with the others.
:thankyou:for selecting our Z4 it will forever remind us of our little foray to the other side :whistle:
I'd quite happily look at a calendar just of images from your trip - there we many goods ones amongst them. It was very hard to choose which one we went with :thumbsup:

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Photos will look very well in print - good job!!

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Thanks for all your hard work Gazza & Ian, what a great choice of photos, we will make our order in due course!!:thumbsup:

Mike & Sandy

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Just to add my thanks to @GazHyde and @Redline.

However.... I see the Ribblehead Viaduct has managed to get into two images. It beats all our Zeds=))=))

M

M666BMG

Thanks Ian and Gaz,

HT, I hope my pic will will on the inside of your toilet door.

Ps the Kleenex are on there way in the post!

Mrs Mint

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport
I hope my pic will will on the inside of your toilet door.
I somehow don't think that's where it's going to be but I may be wrong :p I'm sure HT will be along any moment now to tell you, oops I'm so slow at this :( HT my post should be before yours lol

deni2s

Zorg Addict
I am glad that one pic with my car made to finals. Actually not the one I was pretty sure will be included (z3 on the dragstrip with Chistmas tree), but the more boring (IMHO) stationary one.

There are a few things which maybe could be improved next year in my opinion:
- I don't really like photoshoped totally black/white pics with some colorfull things in them, doesn't look professionally, even if the picture itself is great. It should be colorfull on black&white, not both.
- The color balance in each pic is totally different. There could be common color theme, like in a movies or sitcoms, when you can almost recognise them by color balance used.
- zroadster.org logo shouldn't be on the picture, it can be somewhere else, it's not part of picture composition and it's colours don't match well with most picture colours.
- That contrasting pink in the middle of the picture with z4 with alien on trunk could be photoshopped out (make it in less contrasting color). Maybe bright red boxes on first pic too. These details are just making noise and drawing attention away. Less is more.

I know that a lot of effort was made to select and improve these pics, so I really appreciate that, thank you very much!