ZRoadster.org needs your help :)

David Cullen

Zorg Legend
Supporter
The M44 Massive
again, with a subscription you will get much less people joining up, most sites have a traders fee, minimal, but something, also with all the events going on you could organise a fund raising event for the site, im sure people wouldnt mind getting small money together to help the site out, at the end of the day it will be used for the site and for the people ;-) failing that, a reminder every now and again to donate, you could tag the persons avatar with a donnator sticker

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Traders fee/advertising is something I feel we need to capitalise on (and one of those tasks I need filled). Not from those members who sell their own custom products, but from companies offering relevant products.

Would be awesome to hold regularl competitions sponsored by companies giving their products as prizes. Or even if they give us freebies and I can charge a nominal £1 to enter? I actually have a full featured competitions add on for this exact purpose.

you could tag the persons avatar with a donnator sticker
There is a package of things you get on any initial donation including a "supporter" banner.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
There is an orange donate button on the Main Forum List, Notable Members, Current Visitors, Recent Activity & Conversation view.

The alternative option to make it a bit more visible is this, but I'm worried it's a bit too much in your face...
upload_2015-3-28_13-54-18.png

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
@GazHyde Maybe a headline once in a while.. Like what you are looking at ? How about donating to make it even better ? Or a banner drive... Your forum needs you... to donate to help us improve your experience...

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
@GazHyde Everything in life has a cost. I for one do not mind donating a little bit each year to keep the good forum running. A figure of say £10 once a year would not break most peoples piggy banks. It would though create a big pot for the team to organise and make this site safer.
I'm fine with that. It's a small price to pay for an such a wealth of experience and information at your fingertips:thumbsup:

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Although I don't really like the idea of mandatory fees no matter what handle you put on them people may drop off, not so much from the cost but it now seeming to be a club more so than an open forum. Also it then requires someone to police the members list to ensure everyone has fulfilled their dutiful payment. I think it creates more work for administration and also creates a situation of what to do with those that haven't paid?? Slippery slope, I think. I'm sure that we are conscious of the financial requirements involved and as adults know that without donations we're not around much longer. If you are happy with expansion I think it's hard to ask a new member to be hit with a fee. As a few sign on and very seldom contribute to conversation, unfortunately, but may use the services. I think donating is for the conscious users to support what we have and protect it by occasionally sending in a few £'s. I know I went close to a year meaning to send a donation before the light bulb went on and actually did it. It makes me proud to see the supporter tag up in the corner almost as much as my Canadazeds. These are my thoughts and as the saying goes everyone has an opinion and now you all know mine. JIM

Lexybhoy

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Although I don't really like the idea of mandatory fees no matter what handle you put on them people may drop off, not so much from the cost but it now seeming to be a club more so than an open forum. Also it then requires someone to police the members list to ensure everyone has fulfilled their dutiful payment. I think it creates more work for administration and also creates a situation of what to do with those that haven't paid?? Slippery slope, I think. I'm sure that we are conscious of the financial requirements involved and as adults know that without donations we're not around much longer. If you are happy with expansion I think it's hard to ask a new member to be hit with a fee. As a few sign on and very seldom contribute to conversation, unfortunately, but may use the services. I think donating is for the conscious users to support what we have and protect it by occasionally sending in a few £'s. I know I went close to a year meaning to send a donation before the light bulb went on and actually did it. It makes me proud to see the supporter tag up in the corner almost as much as my Canadazeds. These are my thoughts and as the saying goes everyone has an opinion and now you all know mine. JIM
Very well put Jim and I couldn't agree more.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I know I went close to a year meaning to send a donation before the light bulb went on and actually did it. It makes me proud to see the supporter tag up in the corner
I can totally see where you're coming from Jim, it's something I've been going to get around to but haven't ............ till now. Job done.:thumbsup:

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Thanks to those who have donated the last couple of days, you can be assured its has gone to good use this morning... :thumbsup:

Also now have some slush fund to be able to sort out the merchandise properly. Need to pay the supplier some up front money for machine setup (sigh) and also a graphic artist to sort out a super special new logo just for you guys!

Annual support contract with Xenforo, which covers the forum software, media gallery & resource manager for updates and technical support.
upload_2015-3-29_10-23-54.png

License Extensions for the templates which gives technical support and access to the latest versions of the templates when released.
upload_2015-3-29_10-22-19.png

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Thanks to those who have donated the last couple of days, you can be assured its has gone to good use this morning... :thumbsup:

Also now have some slush fund to be able to sort out the merchandise properly. Need to pay the supplier some up front money for machine setup (sigh) and also a graphic artist to sort out a super special new logo just for you guys!

Annual support contract with Xenforo, which covers the forum software, media gallery & resource manager for updates and technical support.
View attachment 13975

License Extensions for the templates which gives technical support and access to the latest versions of the templates when released.
View attachment 13974
Can we have some car stickers Gaz? Good advertising for the forum :eek:. Wrong bloody smiley again! Should have been.....:D

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Can we have some car stickers Gaz? Good advertising for the forum :eek:. Wrong bloody smiley again! Should have been.....:D
Dave we have 9 stickers left in stock here - https://zroadster.org/store/stickers/zroadster-org-cut-vinyl-car-window-sticker.html

Now on my list to find a new supplier of cut vinyl stickers...
Cards please if you have any spare.
Always have cards in stock. Need you to post me a stamped addressed envelope and I'll post a handful out. I'll PM you my address :)

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Now on my list to find a new supplier of cut vinyl stickers...
If I can remember when I get to work tomorrow I'll look up who used to supply our stickers....it's a few years ago but they did everything up to van decals.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'm just thinking that I had some made up for our villa by a company in Lincoln. I will get the address out later.

Tony.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
You know if the regular members here could set up a direct debit of a couple of quid a month and let it roll ..rather than one off payments would that help?
I'm thinking along the lines that we could set up long term support for the forum...then we could plan ahead.
I mean it's a couple of quid a month...Nobody is really going to miss that...it's not even a pint nowadays.