Z3 M44 where's the water going?????

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
T-tony, this has no liquid at all, just a body and a flexible tube that doesn't even touch the fluid. It just sniffs the vapours. When he told me the cost I about crapped but someone like you that makes his living with it could save hours of frustration. Apparently these units are very rare. In all my years I've never seen or heard of the bubblers, must be a trade secret, wink wink. JIM

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I have used these over the years for, 37 of 'em. They detect the co2 ( combustion gasses ) in the steam in the cooling system by turning the colour of the test liquid a different colour. Can't use canaries any more.=))
Maybe not but budgies are popular with budgie jumpers. lol

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
T-tony, this has no liquid at all, just a body and a flexible tube that doesn't even touch the fluid. It just sniffs the vapours. When he told me the cost I about crapped but someone like you that makes his living with it could save hours of frustration. Apparently these units are very rare. In all my years I've never seen or heard of the bubblers, must be a trade secret, wink wink. JIM
" Sniffing the vapours " are sure you're on the right forum Jim? It's not a crack pipe is it? ( not that I would know what one looks like ):ymdevil:

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
T- if the block is the problem I guess it would be a crack pipe of sorts, not that I'd know anything about what one looks like!!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
" Sniffing the vapours " are sure you're on the right forum Jim? It's not a crack pipe is it? ( not that I would know what one looks like ):ymdevil:
Log on the nightshift then Jim & Frankie, it'll soon be morning again. Chat tomorrow.

AussieZ3

Zorg Addict
Australian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster
Could this be a leaking Heater Core? Just lift the carpets under the dash to check if there is moisture under the carpets. Last year I had a coolant leak on my old Ford and it turned out to be the heater core.

mktommo

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
I know this is an old thread but the reason I LOOOOOOOVE the forum is that there's always someone had the same problem, shared it and done all the legwork before me. I'm starting at the top of the thread, working my way down and then (if all else fails) going off to my local Indie BMW man..... Can't have my Zed off the road in all this lovely sunny UK weather!

Thanks guys!