Z3 Climate control bulb replacements

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Hi,

2000 Z3 3.0i

I have a bulb out in behind my climate control and the other doesn;t seem to work that well. Having trouble finding replacements. I also wondered if anyone knows if there are LED replacements for these bulbs?

The air con button also does not light up when the headlights are on like the other buttons do. It does light up when I press it to switch on the air con. Is this normal or should the button also light up when the headlights are on.

Would appreciate part numbers of links to replacement blubs if anyone knows them and if anyone knows of LED replacements. Thanks.

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Looks like the part number I need is 61138353797
These look to be selling for around £11-£12 each.

It would be cheaper to but the whole climate control dials from ebay that has the bulbs in than to buy the bulbs on their own.

If possible I would like to put LED replacements in as these may be brighter. (I hope)

Dxbolton

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 auto
The bulbs have a particular holder and you have to buy the whole unit. They are bright enough when they both work,
You need to remove the radio and push your hand through the slot to get to the bulbs. Mine were hard to remove and I got lots of cuts and scars on the back of my hands changing them, but it’s worth it in the end

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
So I can get the bulbs on-line and from the dealer for around £11 each. on eBay you can but climate controls from breakers for around £20 which have the bulbs in. Not seen any LED replacements so far.

If anyone is interested, the part number is 61138353797

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
No led replacement for them
Second hand unit could still have faulty bulb.

Aircon switch is not panel illuminated
Stephen.

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
No led replacement for them
Second hand unit could still have faulty bulb.

Aircon switch is not panel illuminated
Stephen.
Thanks for the confirmation on LED replacements.
2nd hand unit. Agree. They could be faulty. It is a risk.

Thanks for the confirmation on the Air Con button not illuminating. I know not to go in search of a replacement (as they are expensive).

Cheers,
Richard

sierracierra

I too had a burnt out bulb in the climate control on my Z3, I nearly fainted at the cost of the replacement bulbs. Being the cheap skate that I am, I removed the glass portion from the lamp, then pulled the two small wires out of the base, enlarged the holes made by the wires with a tiny drill bit and then inserted a 12V warm white LED. Here in Canada, they can be had for about $1 CDN (that’s about 50p in the UK). I found the 5MM size to fit quite well, the current draw is 1/8th of the incandescent bulb and LEDs are known for their longevity. So I managed to save a few bucks (beer money). Easy peasy if you have a few spare minutes. The work is getting access to the controller described in the thread above. I have added a few pictures, hopefully this might help someone else.

Attachments