Winter driving attire

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
You tell him Sara, don't stand for it.=))

Tony,

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Haha yes the jacket is proving the most illusive item. They aren't cheap! I can quite happily take a punt on a 20 quid hat but not a 100 quid jacket that could look completely ridiculous! (which is sort of the idea)

See I like to drive my car with the roof down basically so long as there is no / minimal precipitation. But your average road user doesn't really understand the joy of this (especially women with nice hair in convertibles). So when they say to their passenger, look at that maniac over there with his roof down then I want to actually look like a maniac. Then I can sit in my own little dream bubble where everyone is staring at me enviously in my dapper hat.
Dare to be different I say! I personally love my caribou full fur suit with pants, mitts and mukluks and a pair of antique goggles ( I have several different ones to choose from) will post pics as soon as it gets cold enough! JIM

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Like the 'Sherlock' hat Bozzy, and I got the jacket in 2015 from Debenhams. As for winter driving, I don't normally do much other than take it out on dry sunny days to keep things ticking over. I prefer to have it available rather than the Sorn for 6 months option.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Winter driving?
Wash your mouth out with soap.
My zed has put itself to bed and set the alarm clock for spring.
View attachment 45000
Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of owning a garage so my car lives outside. I think with any car though using it frequently does it the world of good. Try to avoid driving in the rain or particularly poor driving conditions but if it's dry then i'll take her out for a spin. Try to use the car a minimum of once a week to keep everything charged up and moving around. Also jets wash it off after every drive and try to wash it once a week regardless!

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
I think it's a good idea to use them if you can then everything keeps moving and flowing, agree avoid the rain, snow, salt etc.

katkwak

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 m44
i agree best to keep the parts moving but i do have a garage if the roads have been gritted she stays in
& the ford focus tit takes the hit & snow in the forecast this week

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Discerning gentleman (and ladies of course). I'm interested in everyone's take on the best winter driving gear for roof down motoring? What do you currently wear, what would you like to wear?

I'm currently sporting a green bobble hat with ear flaps, matching scarf and some motorbike glove inners (slim for the controls but not warm enough). But now I've got my new car I think I need to get more seriously silly looking. I'm currently looking at the leather trapper hat / flying goggles / driving gloves and fur lined leather bomber jacket as the ultimate combo. But not sure where to source such things!

Possibilities so far:
Driving Gloves:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WARMEN-Cla...l-softlines&pd_rd_r=Q8NHGVFT4K70P885QMFS&th=1

Goggles:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007D0J...UTF8&colid=193C6C69FFC6J&coliid=IXBMTY7AH98YG

Hat:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Leat...1478374775&sr=1-38&keywords=black+leather+hat

Can't seem to find a suitable jacket though....
Man Up @Poprin, short sleeves, crew cut no hat or scarf, heater on cold, wind break removed and the windows down ;);)

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I drive mine all year round and dress to suit the conditions. I've got a couple of flying jackets but to be honest I can't wear them while I'm driving as I find wearing a jacket a bit restrictive. I just wear a thick jumper if it's cold and I don't like wearing gloves either.

I do like to wear a hat though and have a fine collection but as far as I can recall I've turned up for runs wearing my various pork pie hats. They are wool felt and lovely and warm. Sometimes I wear a flat cap and on rare occasions I wear a sheepskin "trapper" hat.

Only problem with wearing a flat cap is if the wind gets under the peak it doesn't stay on very long. The last one I had I wore it for about 5 mins before it blew off and got mangled under a lorry.

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
Dropped on a great flying jacket at a car show ten years ago, still like new and warm as toast with collar up....on route Le man's in this pic with old car....Having technical issues with picture....will try and sort shortly.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well done on getting your picture to upload, easy once you've done a few. Nice jacket too :thumbsup:

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
A good looking car, and it's nice to see your own pictures on here too isn't it?:)

Tony.

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
Yes, like to see other cars
Do u know if anyone does a zroaddtet trip to Le man's

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
There have been some in the past. Best place to keep checking is the upcoming events and cruises section, unless of course you want to sample the interest in organising one yourself? You can post a thread to gauge interest.

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of owning a garage so my car lives outside. I think with any car though using it frequently does it the world of good. Try to avoid driving in the rain or particularly poor driving conditions but if it's dry then i'll take her out for a spin. Try to use the car a minimum of once a week to keep everything charged up and moving around. Also jets wash it off after every drive and try to wash it once a week regardless!
I think best of both, keep the car dry inside a garage and take it out when its dry, thats my winter plan anyway;)

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
How about this for head attire (two thinsolate bobble hats minus the bobbles).Me being driven by my son who persuaded me to wear a hat, the jackets are autumn rather than winter clothing but with a decent heater really don't matter. I did get a jacket 2yrs ago made in Scandinavia for really cold trips in the Z but haven't worn it yet.
IMG_0671.JPG

Love to model it for you but I can't find my selfy stick. It's very light but much to warm unless it's freezing. Cost £60-£75 my daughters made it a Chrimbo present. No gloves yet as they all seem too bulky.
IMG_0927.JPG

Rha,Roy.