Window problems!

Tcody

I’ve tried searching for an answer but this just comfuses me. I just bought a 2000 z3 2.3 and the windows only roll up and down when the car is on, and I can only do one at a time. Is this the regulators I keep hearing about or some bigger wiring/ electrical issue?

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Hi T, welcome to the forum, My windows only work at position 1 or better on key.. that is normal...If your talking about the window up downs on the switches down toward the gear lever, Both should work at the same time, or independently...if you hand is big enough...If that is not the case and winding up or down one window stops the other from doing either, then yes.. Its a fault..

Last edited:

bear2020

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 & Z4 2.5
Ignition has to be on but I can do both at the same time (had to just go try it) but never attempted it before but as the post above says if doing one stops the other it sounds like a fault

Tcody

Update: it’s weird. I can roll both up or down at the same time if one’s going automatically and the other I’m holding the button for but the second I do both manual or both auto they stop. Works well enough for me right now so I’m just gonna leave it

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Update: it’s weird. I can roll both up or down at the same time if one’s going automatically and the other I’m holding the button for but the second I do both manual or both auto they stop. Works well enough for me right now so I’m just gonna leave it
Its one of the gremlins unique to Z3,s. Sometimes its easier just to live with them, or consider them and advanced feature... :whistle: