• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Wiesmann Hardtop NL

I just looked at it again and I think he is (searching) for a Hamann Hardtop,not selling one as it says in any city and he will consider any offer.I think he means he will consider any purchase price!
 
I just looked at it again and I think he is (searching) for a Hamann Hardtop,not selling one as it says in any city and he will consider any offer.I think he means he will consider any purchase price!
Sorry, didn't make myself clear, yes he, and another guy in Saarland are looking for Hamann hardtops. I'm in Germany almost once every month picking up E30 parts, if you spot one, let me know, I could pick up if near my routes!
 
Wow, that is an awesome offer! Thank you. I’ll let you know if I do and if you hear of one,please let me know?
Kindest regards
J
 
I dropped by at Robs, the seller of the Wiesmann hartop, in Holland last week.

Can report the hardtop is in great condition, but I have decided not to buy.

Reason is that I can see that the fixing on (rhd) passenger side would indeed require the removal of the ram fixing previously mentioned.

I'm not really keen to be doing this, as I would want a hardtop that can be removed easily when I want, and the softtop bought back into play without any further work.

Its a great buy at 775 euros, under £700, and includes the fitting kit and heated rear window switch. Its in a good location too, just north of Eindhoven, an easy run from Dinkirk, less than a 3 hour drive. Needs to be for a manual roof car I guess!
 
Here's the comparison of the fixings. On the left is the Wiesmann in situ, on the right is my auto hood 1999 car. It looks like there is a spacer on the left hand pic, whereas I have the actuating arm.

s
20180321_124120.webp
20180324_145251.webp
 
Yep but you can still use it if you remove the strut.
My fitting kit......

FITING KIT 017.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Z3I
I never had a problem putting the roof up without a gas strut, just had to watch out for trouser belts etc if you leant up against the car.
The strut was added to later models for lady drivers in the USA.
 
My 1997 Z3 has no strut, no problems using it, less is fine in this case I think.:)
 
Back
Top