• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Wiesmann Hardtop NL

I have a 98 2.8 pre facelift with an auto roof and it has a ram but I don’t know what you mean by struts?
I’m intrigued now
Can you enlighten me?
 
My car has the usual pre facelift powered roof and I had to disconnect the hydraulic ram so that I could fit the fitting kit for my hard top. My fitting kit is not the OEM kit though
 
@Z3I

Check with the seller what year car the hardtop and fitting kit is originally from.

If it’s ‘96 you’ll need to detach your hydraulic strut in order to fit the fitting kit. ‘97 onwards, I believe Wiesmann adapted the design of the fitting kit to fit around the strut. (The very early z3’s had entirely manual roofs, without even a gas strut to assist in lifting the roof closed.)
 
And then you bought a Z4 and joined the real world ............................... ;):)

Tony.
 
It happens sadly mate. I put three car projects into the house/land fund over the years. Hope you get a good price for it David.

Tony.
 
@Z3I

Check with the seller what year car the hardtop and fitting kit is originally from.

If it’s ‘96 you’ll need to detach your hydraulic strut in order to fit the fitting kit. ‘97 onwards, I believe Wiesmann adapted the design of the fitting kit to fit around the strut. (The very early z3’s had entirely manual roofs, without even a gas strut to assist in lifting the roof closed.)
I am a very proud owner of a manual roof Z3, undo two clamps from the drivers seat and push it back. Sometimes less is more!:)
 
The OEM is rounded like a bubble with water channels that clip in and the Weismann looks more sloped and the rear window looks larger.I haven’t owned a Weismann so I am just going on Pics.
The Hamann Speedster has two humps on the roof and a small rear windo that looks like the old Hot Rods.
Love the Hamann :happy:
 
The OEM is rounded like a bubble with water channels that clip in and the Weismann looks more sloped and the rear window looks larger.I haven’t owned a Weismann so I am just going on Pics.
The Hamann Speedster has two humps on the roof and a small rear windo that looks like the old Hot Rods.
Love the Hamann :happy:
I'd love a Hamann! I just have the standard one
 
@Z3I

Check with the seller what year car the hardtop and fitting kit is originally from.

If it’s ‘96 you’ll need to detach your hydraulic strut in order to fit the fitting kit. ‘97 onwards, I believe Wiesmann adapted the design of the fitting kit to fit around the strut. (The very early z3’s had entirely manual roofs, without even a gas strut to assist in lifting the roof closed.)
The OEM is rounded like a bubble with water channels that clip in and the Weismann looks more sloped and the rear window looks larger.I haven’t owned a Weismann so I am just going on Pics.
The Hamann Speedster has two humps on the roof and a small rear windo that looks like the old Hot Rods.
Love the Hamann :happy:

The ad is for offers...Berlin...bit of a run!

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/suche-fuer-bmw-z3-hamann-hardtop/807280568-223-3520
 
@Z3I

Check with the seller what year car the hardtop and fitting kit is originally from.

If it’s ‘96 you’ll need to detach your hydraulic strut in order to fit the fitting kit. ‘97 onwards, I believe Wiesmann adapted the design of the fitting kit to fit around the strut. (The very early z3’s had entirely manual roofs, without even a gas strut to assist in lifting the roof closed.)

Here's my softop as fitted. Does this look as if the hardtop would fit, or is that the offending gas strut as in pic 3?.



20180314_140659.webp
20180314_140750.webp
20180314_141038.webp
20180314_141053.webp
 
Back
Top