What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Daz7401

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
A/C service and re-gas today. They took out 200g and put back the required 900g. It passed the pressure test and no idea when it was last done. Told to bring it back in two weeks and they will check for leaks.

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I got another one of these.
20220723_185220.jpg

Collected it on Wednesday, the same day that the oil burners driver door window decided to implode to the bottom of the door. We had a new one fitted last September so was still in warranty, but, when they opened the box they found a used item some aerosol ;) had sent back. Obviously the return control not very good. The next one was broken when removed from the box. Upshot is we didn't collect the car until middle of Friday afternoon. A chap I spoke too about the E89 roof on Wednesday was busy till Friday and then on 2 weeks holiday. But he suggested fitting the other end hall sensor on the o/s ram. I have found a man on the Internet with the exact same issue I have in that the 2 roof sections will not "unstack" when you try to put the roof up, and then the windows won't work, or the boot lock either. He discovered some broken wires in the roof section. So, I'm going to fit this sensor and hope for the best.

Tony.

ps. On top of the things that won’t work, you get the thing that does work. Bong, Bong,Bong, you get the idea. And turning up the steroid no help either or you get BONG,BONG,BONG,BONG, I’m still here.

Last edited:

Daz7401

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
M54 3.0 manifold swap (on 2.8), rebuilt DISA, new vac lines, PCV and re-mapped ECU. Goodridge brake hoses and one hardline because I couldn’t split a joint on one of the rear center hoses. Brake fluid flush.

Last edited:

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Wheels refurbished this week, now in "smoked chrome". Interestingly, one wheel was found to require straightening. This was done, at extra cost, but has made a huge difference to how the car feels on the road.
View attachment 231416
Looks really nice, I have a spare set of style 55's that I plan to refurb myself...was going down the black route but think smoked chrome would be better now.

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
I was really happy when I bought this device for charging the phone on long trips...
View attachment 231452

...and yesterday I realised that my aftermarket radio already has a USB connector... blimey =))
I assume you mean you'll charge the phone on the radio's usb socket? Check the specs in the radio user manual to see if it has enough mA. It might have enough for a data connection or to power a usb memory stick but phone charging likes a few mA more.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
I assume you mean you'll charge the phone on the radio's usb socket? Check the specs in the radio user manual to see if it has enough mA. It might have enough for a data connection or to power a usb memory stick but phone charging likes a few mA more.
thats a good thought..definitely not enough from the stereo...and breathe

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
A few weeks back my O/S rear brake caliper was seizing up as I could feel and smell that something wasn't right. Took the car to my indy and he'd already checked out availabilty of new M rear calipers (£370 each :rage: and on back order from Germany), so I decided on the Bigg Red refurbishing route.

Before

thumbnail 3x.jpeg

After
thumbnail after 1x.jpeg

Cost £165 for anodised silver finish + £14 postagae

Excellent quality, they took longer than the 15 days they told me it would take - 21 days all told. I've given them a coat of blue paint myself before my indy fitted them along with new discs and pads etc.
I'll be doing front calipers later in the year.

Last edited: