What have you bought for your Zed this week?

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
Package from Martin @ZEDonist UK arrived today. Hopefully fix my temperamental power roof. It goes up ok so assume it’s not the brake pedal switch..fluids etc are ok in the motor..gotta be the switch, the wires or a relay ?
View attachment 231774
Mine has been temperamental recently but only when going down, going up is fine. Thought it was the usual microswitch which went in the past on my old Z3. Cut it off and joined the wires but still had the problem. Everything else is fine so I disconnected the connector at the bottom of the microswitch wiring and put a jumper across the connector and plugged it back together. All working fine now so looks like I have a break in the wiring between the connector and microswitch. I bought some new microswitches anyway because the old one is now unusable because of where I cut the wires and some length of cable to replace the old broken one. Just got to do it now as I'm running it still with the connector jumper.

I'll guess yours is the microswitch, if not a break in the cable so this kit should fix it :thumbsup:

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Mine has been temperamental recently but only when going down, going up is fine. Thought it was the usual microswitch which went in the past on my old Z3. Cut it off and joined the wires but still had the problem. Everything else is fine so I disconnected the connector at the bottom of the microswitch wiring and put a jumper across the connector and plugged it back together. All working fine now so looks like I have a break in the wiring between the connector and microswitch. I bought some new microswitches anyway because the old one is now unusable because of where I cut the wires and some length of cable to replace the old broken one. Just got to do it now as I'm running it still with the connector jumper.

I'll guess yours is the microswitch, if not a break in the cable so this kit should fix it :thumbsup:
The break in my old one was half way down the wire - I did the same, cut off at the connector and bridge.... worked a treat - just need to tell the next owner which thankfully for me was Pingu

JonBoy

Seen similar threads on other car forums and found them interesting. Cant see one on here, may be a reason for that. Anyway....

Bought a 5 speed etched gear knob from @ZEDonist UK and looking forward to its arrival.
Seen similar threads on other car forums and found them interesting. Cant see one on here, may be a reason for that. Anyway....

Bought a 5 speed etched gear knob from @ZEDonist UK and looking forward to its arrival.
German front license plate and holder, scissor jack, and warning triangle - all missing from my new car...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
TBH I bought this last week,
20220818_164528.jpg

but only got around to using it today. I removed the top of the landing panel to do this job but decided it would be prudent to remove the myriad flies, moths, Bees and Moths from the front of my AC condenser with a soft brush on my vacuum cleaner.
20220818_150423.jpg
20220818_150429.jpg
20220818_150625.jpg

The purpose was to wrap the diagonal struts behind the grilles.
20220818_151809.jpg

One down, one to go.
A spiral wrap with half cover, wrapped both ways and heated with my hot air gun to activate the glue.
20220818_153649.jpg

20220818_154130.jpg
20220818_154138.jpg

I had a look at the air filter while I had the top cover off. Would've been rude not too.
20220818_154428.jpg
20220818_154443.jpg

Tony.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Wish you'd asked us what colour we thought the tape would be first.

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
The break in my old one was half way down the wire - I did the same, cut off at the connector and bridge.... worked a treat - just need to tell the next owner which thankfully for me was Pingu
I'll replace the wire and switch, I have the roof connected to the alarm so I can press a button on the fob and it will go up. If I leave the switch bypassed it won't stop when it closes otherwise. Will be fine in the car when using the button as I know when to stop but the alarm won't unfortunately. And hopefully there won't be a next owner ;)

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
I had a bit of a rear end refresh. My car is in reasonably good shape corrosion wise, so couldn’t justify a full refresh like the ones done at Z shed HQ. It had new shocks, springs and drop links a year ago by the previous owner, but the beam bushes were gone and a clonk developed recently. Had the beam bushes replaced. Also had the brackets that support them replaced as the car had been jacked up on one of them in the past and the beam was bottoming out on the bent bit. Also replaced the top mounts which were knackered after only a year, presumably because of the bushes. Had the work done at BMR Performance. Arrived at 08h30 and was on the way home by 12h30 without clonks.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
I had a bit of a rear end refresh. My car is in reasonably good shape corrosion wise, so couldn’t justify a full refresh like the ones done at Z shed HQ. It had new shocks, springs and drop links a year ago by the previous owner, but the beam bushes were gone and a clonk developed recently. Had the beam bushes replaced. Also had the brackets that support them replaced as the car had been jacked up on one of them in the past and the beam was bottoming out on the bent bit. Also replaced the top mounts which were knackered after only a year, presumably because of the bushes. Had the work done at BMR Performance. Arrived at 08h30 and was on the way home by 12h30 without clonks.
@Jam03 Can i ask how much the new beam bushes were to supply and fit (Pls PM me if you dont want to post it on here)....appreciated. :cool:

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
@Jam03 Can i ask how much the new beam bushes were to supply and fit (Pls PM me if you dont want to post it on here)....appreciated. :cool:
PM sent, but for other ppls benefit, the parts were £200, labour £330ish, then vat

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
New rear boots for the 3.0

20220823_142547.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
What did you get Dave, I priced some Hankook for mine on Friday.

Tony.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
What did you get Dave, I priced some Hankook for mine on Friday.

Tony.
I went for Avon ZV7 this time £225 fitted. Similar sort of money to the Hankooks but many on here run Avons so I thought I'd give them a go.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
A new 3rd Brake light chrome cover...Bit of a rigmarole getting it but hopefully with me Tuesday. Anything I need to know about when fitting it?

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
I went for Avon ZV7 this time £225 fitted. Similar sort of money to the Hankooks but many on here run Avons so I thought I'd give them a go.
I tried to get Avons during the lockdown but no one had stock of the size for my rear staggered wheels. I bought Hankooks instead and have been very happy with them. They got rid of the tramlining I was getting 😃😃

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
I tried to get Avons during the lockdown but no one had stock of the size for my rear staggered wheels. I bought Hankooks instead and have been very happy with them. They got rid of the tramlining I was getting 😃😃
Yes, I've run Hankooks for a good few years, always happy with them:thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Me too on the E85. Quiet, good grip and wear well.

Tony.

Daz7401

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
A new 3rd Brake light chrome cover...Bit of a rigmarole getting it but hopefully with me Tuesday. Anything I need to know about when fitting it?
Good find, I was told by BMW these are no longer available new.