What have you bought for your Zed this week?

backseateducation

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
A wash, as it's spent the last week parked in my works yard - i.e a building site! 0nce it's dry I'll give it a going over with some of this

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Matt black aerosol.
Something been bugging me for a while. Boot lid leading inside edge black paint flaking leaving patches of primer. Had the rim of both boot and bonnet done when i had it painted but not the boot lid. So rubbed it down masked off primered and painted. What you can achieve on a dry day all done within a couple of hours. Sorry no before pictures but happy with finish. Just needs a bit of cutting back when properly hardened,
P1060149.JPG

P1060150.JPG

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
After renewing my front brakes a couple of weeks ago I have been putting off doing the rears even though I had the parts, I hate doing the rear brakes, with the handbrake shoes adjusters etc, I looked at the fronts and how good they look through the wheels, looked at the rears and thought the rears look awful, I can’t do just half a job.
end result below fronts and rears
I fitted MEYLE HIGH CARBON, COATED PD Brake discs and MEYLE heavy metal free PD brake pads ‘PERFECT.

Attachments

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
After renewing my front brakes a couple of weeks ago I have been putting off doing the rears even though I had the parts, I hate doing the rear brakes, with the handbrake shoes adjusters etc, I looked at the fronts and how good they look through the wheels, looked at the rears and thought the rears look awful, I can’t do just half a job.
end result below fronts and rears
I fitted MEYLE HIGH CARBON, COATED PD Brake discs and MEYLE heavy metal free PD brake pads ‘PERFECT.
Hi John, they look great. Notice you've got some Uniroyal RainSport 5 tyres on, do you like them? We were thinking about putting some on our daily driver. How do they compare to Avon ZV7s?

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hello Ian and Sue,

I also have Uniroyal Rainsport on my Audi Q2, I find them to be a very good all round tyre, to compare against Avon ZV7's, there's nothing between them, they are both at the lower end of the Premium tyres, I have Avon ZV7's on the front of my Z3 and find them more than adequate.
For normal road driving both the Uniroyal Rainsport 5 and the Avon ZV7's press all the buttons, if you want tyres for more aggressive driving then I'd probably go for Falken or if you've been saving up for a while then Michelin in my eyes would have been my first choice.

Hope this helps....................

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Hello Ian and Sue,

I also have Uniroyal Rainsport on my Audi Q2, I find them to be a very good all round tyre, to compare against Avon ZV7's, there's nothing between them, they are both at the lower end of the Premium tyres, I have Avon ZV7's on the front of my Z3 and find them more than adequate.
For normal road driving both the Uniroyal Rainsport 5 and the Avon ZV7's press all the buttons, if you want tyres for more aggressive driving then I'd probably go for Falken or if you've been saving up for a while then Michelin in my eyes would have been my first choice.

Hope this helps....................
Thanks John,

Michelins would be our first choice but sadly the budget doesn't stretch that far. Had been thinking of either Avons or Falkens then noticed the Uniroyals at around the same price & thought they might fit the bill. Neither of us do much aggressive driving, we're mostly country lane cruisers, so it will probably come down to which is cheapest when we order them.

Thanks again, Ian & Sue. :thumbsup:

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks John,

Michelins would be our first choice but sadly the budget doesn't stretch that far. Had been thinking of either Avons or Falkens then noticed the Uniroyals at around the same price & thought they might fit the bill. Neither of us do much aggressive driving, we're mostly country lane cruisers, so it will probably come down to which is cheapest when we order them.

Thanks again, Ian & Sue. :thumbsup:
I’m a country Lane cruiser too!

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
It's ironic that I should read this thread at this moment. I was in Harbor Freight tools today and bought a solar battery charger for the Z. As many of you know, if you're very busy and don't have the time to drive your Z as often as you would like, the battery can often go dead on you. I often thought of getting a trickle charger for it but didn't want to have an extension cord going from the house, across the front walk and onto the driveway. I thought of a small solar charger placed discretely next to the car (I live on a dead end street) that would slowly keep the car charged. So I ended up buying one today. Let me go and take a picture of it and add it to this post..........pics have a little glare from the overhead light but you get the idea.......................................................Frankie

IMG_2824.JPG
IMG_2825.JPG

Attachments

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Multimeter from Screwfix, although the Creator C310+ picked up my alternator was ok it was still worth getting for toolbox

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Pulse Generator - BMWs name for an ABS sensor on a DSC enabled Zed

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
20220421_173750.jpg

Required for pre Sunday clean. Very good too.

Tony.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Had the door and mirror base, sills rear qtr painted with a full polish at kraftwork chelmsford. Highly recommend them. Freshened yp the 22yrold paint.View attachment 219831
A good idea. I've been so busy lately that I don't know when I'll get to the car. I should just put out the bucks and have it done professionally so it looks good for the summer. Then, of course, find the time to drive it........................................Frankie