What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Great place to put an alarm sensor that.....I believe it was the inspiration for the E85 roof motor.
:facepalm:
To be fair, it does appear to be suspended above the standing water.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Mine got drowned and kept setting the alarm off.
I’ve mopped it all up. The annoying thing is that the existing grommet is less than a year old apparently, but you can wiggle the aerial from the bottom and you can see it’s not sealing 100%. Hopefully I can tighten it all up and plug the leak.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Liberated a couple of these jack stands from the scrap skip at one of my customers recently. I spotted them when I was depositing some other scrapped items and thought I could upcycle them into some heavy duty car ramps. They are rated at 6 tonnes on the pair so more than strong enough for my Zeds or my Saab.

I bought a 13ft scaffold plank, made a ramp template and am well on the way to adding to my garage tools that I'll probably never use :D

I've got some heavy duty pallet wood for the tops of the ramps. All in, they're only going to cost me the price of the scaffold plank which was £15 plus vat.

The stands will lift the car 13" so plenty of room for a fat bloke to roll under

Stand.jpg
Stand2.jpg
Stand1.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I like those Garry, a great idea mate! I pinched one of our Gary's scaffold boards to make these.
20221204_160510.jpg

They live here.
20221204_160610.jpg

I use.these when I put a car over the pit just for another 5" or so headroom.

Tony.

Last edited:

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
Fitted 6 new ngk BKR6EQUP spark plugs today. Will be interesting to see if four electrodes make any difference over one. The previous plugs were single electrode iridium ngk plugs.

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
I like those Garry, a great idea mate! I pinched one of our Gary's scaffold boards to make these.
View attachment 243075
They live here.
View attachment 243077
I use.these when I put a car over the pit just for another 5" or so headroom.

Tony.
Strange. I've got something very similar at home. Them scaffold boards come in handy, some people use them on scaffolding, I hear.

DakarZ3_NZ

Dedicated Member
New Zealand Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Roadster
Oh, and ordered two new front tyres, 225/40R18 Hankook K125.
New front tyres and wheel alignment have transformed the handling and ride quality….feels like a different car!😊

Attachments

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
I have hancook tyres and have been very pleased with them. Virtually eliminated tram lining. Will need new tyres next year and will probably give the avons a go. Having staggered wheels makes it more difficult as they often don't stock both sizes.

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
I had staggered sizes on mine when I got it, it wound up with a set of Avons which wore out after a while (many thousands of miles) when I went for some more the tyre company didn't have both sizes in stoock so just had the fronts changed and had to wait for a couple of days for the rears. Sent the DSC crazy having new tyres one end and worn out ones the other. Just too sensitive.