Write Up Weekly zed run visits N.Yorkshire

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
This weeks exercise took a small group, well a trio of Zeds into the magnificent North Yorkshire moors.
As we all dwell within the same postcode a local meet up point just North of Doncaster was chosen. With mixed weather a shame after the fantastic spring to date, so it was hoods up for the first stage of the run, taking us North bound towards the East coast through wonderful villages like Middleton on the wolds and the now famous village through the power of television "Wetwang". Although a B road, the stretch from Wetwang to Malton is a very pleasant stretch of smooth tarmac that flows very well. a very brief run on the A64 leads us to Eden camp then off towards Pickering then making our way to Whitby with a detour taking in a loop around and through Goathland. Avoided actually going through Whitby but headed off on the Coastal route to Scarborough. Managed to get all three zeds parked together in the centre of Scarborough on the harbour, currently free parking till the middle of the month. After the obligatory Fish and Chips followed by ice cream time to hit the road again, once again following the coastal road to Bridlington before heading home. 180 miles and 6 hours pure enjoyment, now that has got to be good for our health and well being

Ready for the off, 3 very rare Grey zeds (2 Stirling and 1 Space)
P1050530.JPG

Arrived in the N Yorkshire moors so time for the tops down
P1050532.JPG

Spotted a Dark blue Z4 pass a we were stationary, no photo as was holding something else at the time

Leaving Goathland thought we would check our Handbrakes. Middle Z4 needs adjustment had Rob worried at the back
Leaving Goathland.JPG

Some of the views a match for anywhere, truly is Gods own country
Gods on country.JPG

Residents didn't seem too bothered by us
Sheep at Goathland.JPG

Parking a bonus in a quiet Scarborough

P1050537.JPG

Mixture of roof up and down throughout the day, the one thing no one can argue about is the power roof on the 4 compared with the 3! So easy to put up when the heavens open.

Last edited:

brilie

Zorg Guru (IV)
Model of Z
2.8 roadster
Looks like a good day a Paul, you never know ,one day if I can
Ever pack in this work thingy I might be able to join you?:whistle:

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Terrific route - lovely part of the world ! You do have a knack for finding nice stretches of tarmac !
Not sure where our weekly run out will take us next week. Lincolnshire or The Derbyshire dales again. Living in quiet a central position opens also sorts of options.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Looks fantastic Paul, just a shame the weather has turned back to winter but at least you got some roof down miles in.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Looks a Great run out Paul
If you do the peaks i can fully recommend the following roads
upload_2020-6-5_20-54-51.png

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Thanks Bill. One for the list, possibly next week

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Good to see you're getting out Paul:thumbsup:. Sounds a good run .

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Some good roads there Paul, we often go up to Rosedale - The White Horse pub, over Chimney Bank to Helmsley etc.
Fantastic roads and often empty.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Looks like you had a great run out Paul. You can't go wrong with the North York moors. Some great driving roads.:thumbsup:

Desiro

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3M
Looked like a great day out.
Count me in if you do North Yorkshire again. You might have to PM me or something, as I always seem to read the forum too late!

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Looked like a great day out.
Count me in if you do North Yorkshire again. You might have to PM me or something, as I always seem to read the forum too late!
We also like to go and play in the Peaks

Desiro

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3M
We also like to go and play in the Peaks
I've just realised I haven't updated my profile to living in North Yorkshire Paul!

I still visit mum in Sheffield, but she's not going to be happy if I disappear in the Zed for the day:D

Mad2718

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Hi Paul

I am not sure when you go on your runs but if it happens to be a Tuesday or Wednesday then give me a shout I live between Doncaster and Scunthorpe and would be happy to join the run

Dave

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Hi Paul

I am not sure when you go on your runs but if it happens to be a Tuesday or Wednesday then give me a shout I live between Doncaster and Scunthorpe and would be happy to join the run

Dave
Normally a Friday, will drop you a PM if the day changes, but nothing for next 2 weeks