Event VanityBMW 2018 pre-event camp and BBQ 21-22 July 2018

Mac Romans

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
My s***'s custom!
So....the date for VanityBMW 2018 is confirmed as Sunday 22nd July. We put out a great turnout the last two years at what was an excellent and well organised event.

I know @GazHyde will be arranging our attendance at the event itself (again).....however I'm putting together a little soirée beforehand(again).

In 2016 and 2017 a few of us met up the day before and camped over whilst enjoying a little BBQ and beverage. This will be the third annual VanityBMW so it will also be the third annual pre-event camp and BBQ. The last two were really good so I'm going for three for three.

I propose those who choose to, make a booking to camp at Roundhills camp site in the new forest and I'll arrange for a proper BBQ for us again. I have family down there and have sourced a huge split barrel BBQ as "I'll supply your heat, you supply your meat" and we'll get a good feed down us and possibly the occasional beverage!

We're staying at Roundhills campsite which is on Beauleiu Road, Brockenhurst, SO42 7QL. From memory it costs around £10 per head so it's cheap! On arrival it's a case of checking in and driving through the gate until you see a spot you fancy and you throw a tent up. Very informal and very convenient when you're looking for a flat place where the car doesn't scrape the ground!

Attendees will need to book their camping directly with the campsite which can be done online or over the phone. I won't be making a block booking for our group as there are no allocated pitches, it's a case of "turn up, tent up". I'll be arriving early (before midday) so just look for me....I'm easy to find!

So....who's in?

Last edited:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Camping :meh::meh: Have fun folks, great company and tonnes of fun last year just the tent thing did it for me. :D:D

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
Pity that Vanity BMW clashes with Silverstone classic this year.

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
Mac, according to the Beaulieu website, Vanity BMW is on Sunday 22 July. Silverstone classic is 20 to 22 July. Hope i'm wrong!:thumbsup:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
If you find somewhere local (and comfortable!) to stop Niall you'd still be very welcome to come by for the BBQ.
Thanks Mac, I may well take you up on that :thumbsup:

Mac Romans

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
My s***'s custom!
Mac, according to the Beaulieu website, Vanity BMW is on Sunday 22 July. Silverstone classic is 20 to 22 July. Hope i'm wrong!:thumbsup:
I’ve just checked and you’re right! I’ll have to edit this post. Thanks for putting me right, that could’ve been embarrassing!

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
I’ve just checked and you’re right! I’ll have to edit this post. Thanks for putting me right, that could’ve been embarrassing!
No worries, folks might have had to book a longer stay at the campsite.:thumbsup:

Judith Stevenson

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Sounds good will double check not already booked into a Jag event and if not will bully OH to come camping.

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
20170715_165139.jpg
Camping :meh::meh: Have fun folks, great company and tonnes of fun last year just the tent thing did it for me. :D:D
I still have your air bed from last year, Niall.
Note to myself, check the airbed does not leak before going camping, the ground can be quite hard.

Last edited:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Mac Romans

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
My s***'s custom!
@JezW added as requested. Keep an eye on the partner thread to see when the event tickets are being ordered. Looking forward to seeing everyone at this one again.

JezW

British Zeds
Model of Z
BMW Z4 2.5i SE Auto
Thank you. All bookmarked. My first Zed event and I am really looking forward to it.

Judith Stevenson

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
OH says no jag do booked so I'll look at campsite and book it. Yay. See you all then and some of you on 28/29th April.