POLL Ulez help

thesecretsanta

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
I have been reading this thread now i take it all the figures quoted are for London' low emissions zone .

Glasgow city centre goes live on 01 st June 23 with really strict limits which no zed 3 will be new enough.
For petrol you have to be Euro 4 or newer ( zed 3 is euro 2 and 3 )
Even early z4 won't be compliant euro4 is 1st jan 2005 on
And for diesel Euro 6 ( my 2015 skoda superb euro 5 )
Fines steep
Within a rolling 12 months period
1st offence £60 ( halved) if paid in 14 days only for first offence
2nd offence £120
3rd offence £240
4th offence £480 ( capped)
:nailbiting:

Stephen.
London is Euro 4 for petrol cars and 6 for Diesel, so looks to be the same. Those are the figures i was quoting that I think my Z3 now meets and most others on here seem to - early adopters to the regulations required from Jan 2005.
From TFL:
Petrol: Euro 4 (NOx)
Diesel: Euro 6 (NOx and PM)
Cars - Transport for London (tfl.gov.uk)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
So instead of going on what your vehicle actually produces, confirmed and certified each year at MOT time, your vehicle has be of a certain age regardless?

Tony.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
My 99 m43 is euro 3
The 97 m44 is euro 2
My 99 2.8 only has to be euro 2 for mot but as its a twin vanos late pre face-lift its a Euro 3 set up it has twin cats ( 1 for each bank of 3 )
And 4 lambda sensors ( pre and post cat ) and runs pretty clean on mot analyser but not ulez compliant yet i mot cars that would be compliant ( especially diesel) that run like a bag of spanners.
Stephen.

Daz7401

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
The thing that gets me with this is the way it’s implemented. We have a ULEZ in Bristol now and a few weeks ago I had to take the Z in by the time I paid for parking 6-12pm £13 poorer before doing anything else. When I went to pay, I expected to enter my reg and be told I entered the ULEZ at 7pm and owe £9. But no, you just go to a payment site and pay. Also you would expect to pass ANPR cameras when you enter the zone again no. I assume the reason for the fine with no option to pay after 2 weeks is so that you self police. It’s not worth taking the chance you weren’t spotted if you will get a £60 if you are wrong.
I can accept a fair cop but this ’we might be watching so you better behave’ just seems wrong to me for some reason.

Last edited:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
But there is light at the end of the tunnel
First this is the limits on the website for the upcoming limits
Screenshot_20230314_205728_Chrome.jpg

And here is the light at tunnels end
Exempt vehicles.
Screenshot_20230314_205804_Chrome.jpg

Stephen.

Peter12345

In the case of TFL Euro 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. is a general guide they use for the database. I know guys that have used the CoC figures to get their Range Rover P38 4.0 V8 approved on TFL's list . . . . . unfortunately my 1998 P38 doesn't meet the reqs :(

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hi i am confused my 2015 Suzuki scross diesel is compilant in Bath Bristol etc according to the goverment website but not on the TFL website

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I am due to go down to London in September and I will be using my daily driver which is a 2015 Suzuki Scross diesel , I went on the TFL site on Friday and it said i had to pay £12.50 Ulez charge as I am not exempt , I went on today to set up my account to pay via direct debit and it said I didn't need to as my car is exempt and don't have to pay , see attached pic , I have just been on the TFL website again and it says I am not exempt and have to pay the ULEZ charge all very confusing?
20230730_103607.jpg

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
I am due to go down to London in September and I will be using my daily driver which is a 2015 Suzuki Scross diesel , I went on the TFL site on Friday and it said i had to pay £12.50 Ulez charge as I am not exempt , I went on today to set up my account to pay via direct debit and it said I didn't need to as my car is exempt and don't have to pay , see attached pic , I have just been on the TFL website again and it says I am not exempt and have to pay the ULEZ charge all very confusing?View attachment 270637
Just to be sure. It doesn't sound like you are, but you are not mixing up the ULEZ and the Congestion Zones, are you? They each have different levels. Congestion Zone is based on CO2 and ULEZ is based on HC (hydro carbons).

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
It was definitely Ulez , just been on t to TFL it gets even more confusing having spoken to a TFL rep via webchat it can seemingly change on a day by day basis as there website is updated daily via the DVLA , this car was registered on the 15th sept 2015 so in theory it should be exempt I pay £24 a year road tax based on emissions , and according to Suzuki its euro 6 , so one day your exempt and the next day your not, it seems a fiasco

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
As someone who has to go there quite a bit with work, driving anywhere near London is best avoided if you can. I got fined for not paying ULEZ charge after literally driving about 15ft into the ULEZ zone to turn my car around.
:facepalm:

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
As someone who has to go there quite a bit with work, driving anywhere near London is best avoided if you can. I got fined for not paying ULEZ charge after literally driving about 15ft into the ULEZ zone to turn my car around.
:facepalm:
That proves that it is all about making money not air quality.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
It's nothing new though is it? Years ago I had some bloke from WLDC come nosing around at my garage wanting to know how me and Paul kept warm in the winter months (he ignored the gas space heater and cylinder in plain view). He assumed we burned waste oil (even though there was no burner or flue out the roof) and said we had to buy a permit from WLDC to do so. I asked if the council would put a filter on any such flue to capture the particles and when he said no I asked what was the permit actually for? He had no answer for me.
Bloody jobsworth.

Tony.

Last edited: