Tyre [Tire] poll, what brand do you have?

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
So far so good : nothing illegal or immoral!:D

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Ive just finished a set of Falken 452's on the M, found a company doing a %40 off on the new Falken 453's. Picked up a set for £66 each!!!!! Got them fitted yesterday. (P.S www.tireleader.co.uk)

PeterJ

Zorg Legend
Hong Kong Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster M52B28
IMG_3351.JPG When I Purchased my Z3 in 2010 with worn Dunlop ZI's (255x40R18 Front & Rear) the front wheels rubbed the inner wheel arch on full lock, so I changed in Feb 2011 to Dunlop ZI's (Front: 225x40R18, Rear: 255x40R18) with no rubbing. They were OK, but I wanted better. In Nov 2012, I changed to Toyo Proxes C1S (Front: 225x40R18, Rear: 255x35R18) and found them about the same as the ZI's, OK, but nothing special. Then in Nov 2013 when changing from 18" M3 wheels to 17" Wire Wheels (for looks), I did more research as I wanted the best dry tyre (not too concerned about wet performance as seldom drive my Z3 in the wet) and got a set of Dunlop Direzza ZII's (Front: 225x45R17, Rear: 245x40R17) & Wow!, These are the ones! ...in the dry, there are like glue ...almost like slicks ...very impressed. Have not tried them in the wet though, but are said to be OK. They were about the same price as the ZI's & the Toyo's but much better. They are the best dry road tyres I have ever experienced. Period. Cannot comment about wear yet, but seem OK so far... (Picture: R18 Toyo Proxes on the Z3 in the background, Foreground: Dunlop ZII's on the new R17 Dayton Wire Wheels)

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Ive just finished a set of Falken 452's on the M, found a company doing a %40 off on the new Falken 453's. Picked up a set for £66 each!!!!! Got them fitted yesterday. (P.S www.tireleader.co.uk)
Would be interested to hear how they compare with the 452's. Are the new Falkens now 'Eco' tyres?

I decided to go with Nexen N8000 to replace my 452's after seeing the high results for aqua planing resistance on Autobild tests:
http://www.nexentire.com/nexentoday/april2012/Powerful_Nexen/tire_tests.asp

The 452's were ok in the rain but I wanted better aquaplaning resistance and hopefully less snappy grip/slip.
Just fitted today so have to drive it a bit to see.

They were £313 for 4 delivered (225 / 255 18in) from Mytyres.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Would be interested to hear how they compare with the 452's. Are the new Falkens now 'Eco' tyres?

I decided to go with Nexen N8000 to replace my 452's after seeing the high results for aqua planing resistance on Autobild tests:
http://www.nexentire.com/nexentoday/april2012/Powerful_Nexen/tire_tests.asp

The 452's were ok in the rain but I wanted better aquaplaning resistance and hopefully less snappy grip/slip.
Just fitted today so have to drive it a bit to see.

They were £313 for 4 delivered (225 / 255 18in) from Mytyres.
So far so good. I'm very much one of those guys who "Don’t fix if it aint broke" you can imagine the cockney accent =))

The 453's are around £120-£130 each so i was very keen to give them a try. Weather wise my zed don’t see the rain if I can help it :) So she only comes out for spirited driving in the dry.

So far I’m impressed, they are just as grippy if not a little better. Will see what this means regarding total mileage from these tyres (the 452's did nearly 20,000 Miles)

Very very grippy in the last few days with this hot weather and happily taking corners at high speeds (At exactly 70mph of course)
Lee

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
You managed 20k miles out of the rears on an M????

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
18k to be precise. They have been abused with hard driving but never burn outs or dougnuts (Mabye one) But also bare in mind i have been using it to commute to and from work for 6 months of this year and that racked up 10k of motorway miles.

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
That's very impressive.
Yes the commute helps for sure.
Mine runs quite a bit of camber due to the lowering so the inside edges wear way faster.
I now have the tyres swapped off the rims to get more even wear and increase the mileage.

I think I got around 10k per set of rears and the fronts have given me about 20k.

Reactions: Lee

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
I started off with Falken 452's on the zed which I thought were ok. Then I went onto the Maxxis MAZ1's and have had these ever since. A great tyre in all conditions and the price is also good. My brother recently went to get a couple for his E36 but was told they are no longer available and are being replaced by the Maxxis Victra Z3. These have to be the ultimate tyre for any Z3 :)

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
i go through phases of what i prefer ...got the conti 3s on at the minute ..got a set of pilot sport 2 rears waiting to be burnt out...but i think my favorite was the avons zz3 i had on...loved um.
times coming for new all the way round again..so i reckon im going with the avons

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
I am currently running on Toyo Proxies T1 Sport for my normal wheels and Michelin PS2 for the wheels I use on track. The Michelin tyres were not my choice, they came with a second set of wheels I bought, having said that they are a blooming good tyre that stands up I some abuse whilst driving hard :racecar: :)

Reactions: Lee

aspron

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Goodyear Eagle F1s on the front - no tram lining at all that I can tell now - some sort of Kumhos on the back, will replace them when necessary with the F1s to match. Previous no brands on the front were terrible, car was unsafe on small country roads that we have round here.

Steve.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hey Coop's my Z runs on Maxxis Tyres because we sell them at work and I get a good discount, but mainly because they are very good tyres.
I have MA-V1 225/45x17W on the front and VICTRA MA-Z1 245/40x17W on the rear.
I don't make beer.
I have been known to drink some though.:)