Trade in Value

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Anyone know roughly what my Zed (Z3) might be worth as a trade in? I've been looking on e-bay and Autotrader for comparables but most are near to 100K on the clock or interstella lol. Mine has 24K

The car I'm looking to trade in against has a 6K forecourt price.

Cheers,

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
:-o are you serious Tim - you really getting rid of your Z3 - what are you looking to trade for ??

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Hi Tim. You would never get the cars worth with a trade in as you probably know, i sold my 1.9 with 58k for 5k privately and would have only got aroung 3k with a trade in ,so private sale is the way to go and with that mileage and condition of yours i would expect top money. ;)

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
:-o are you serious Tim - you really getting rid of your Z3 - what are you looking to trade for ??
Hi Snoopy Snoops,

Yes seriously considering it, I've hardly used Basil this year and with getting the Z4 its just getting used less and less. If I'm going to use the Z4 through winter it will need some winter shoes at £2400 for a set of BMW 18s with winter runflats :-o its making more sense to swap Basil. I also really need a car with more room for a wheel chair.

I'm looking at Suzuki's SX4 4 Grip, have seen an 09 plate at a Suzuki dealer. Just umming and arring as don't know what Basil is worth, Z3 prices are ermmmmm non existant or rock bottom :(

Tim.

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
HornelZ3M said:
Hi Tim. You would never get the cars worth with a trade in as you probably know, i sold my 1.9 with 58k for 5k privately and would have only got aroung 3k with a trade in ,so private sale is the way to go and with that mileage and condition of yours i would expect top money. ;)
Thanks Paul, problem is I don't know what its worth trade or private :-s

Tim.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
You would get far more for it Tim popping an ad on here, with such a sorted zed as yours I am sure it wouldn't be long before someone came knocking.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I personally would want 4k part exchange and 5k private and wouldnt care what the book says. ;)

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
List it forsale on here and .net Tim. Members know how well you've looked after it.. It mite go quick!

Trade in you'll be lucky to get 2grand for it...

B

badman gee

Sell it on here, it will go in flash, and be loved and appreciated.

:D

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I agree with Aceman. Swamper barely mentioned selling his, and it was snapped up before he even had a chance to put an ad together.

I think anyone who knows how your car is pampered would be prepared to buy it. It's a real credit to your efforts Tim. Don't let it go to some scum bag dealer...

B

badman gee

GazHyde said:
I agree with Aceman. Swamper barely mentioned selling his, and it was snapped up before he even had a chance to put an ad together.

I think anyone who knows how your car is pampered would be prepared to buy it. It's a real credit to your efforts Tim. Don't let it go to some scum bag dealer...
there not all scumbags i like some :D

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Thanks guys will see whats what :)

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
I watched a couple on EBay recently low mileage - different model to yours Tim but This one got to £6,800 and reserve not met

The other one started at £7,499 and had no bids

Hope that helps a bit, but the guys are right, you should have no problem finding a buyer and given the choice I would find the money to buy a low mileage and pay above book any time.
Thanks Snoopy, :ymhug: there is hope yet, a bit surprised seeing the bids that high on the one as thats getting into M territory.

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Your car is worth what people are willing to pay for it and it looks like people are willing to find the money for low mileage, well cared for cars.

It's alright having this "book" price - I've always found that to be a way for dealers to get the best deal for them but your car falls outside the "rules of the book" IMHO.

No way should you trade yours in.

Ferdinand

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 3.0iA Sport Edition
The minute you sell him - you'll miss him!!!!

I've been thinking about selling mine too and buying something more sensible - but then I thought... Hell no!!! So instead I'm getting a 3rd car... :-o

The Z3 gives so much driving pleasure - more modern cars are are means of transportation...

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
If you are going to Silverstone, get some details together and put a "for sale" sign on it.

If you are lucky, you may have to get the bus home :) .

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Thanks ever so much for the replies, much appreciated. Ferdinand hit the nail on the head :) Well after much thought and reading everyones posts on here and .net and the various PM's I have decided to keep the Zed I would certainly be crazy to part ex with a dealer as the cars are worth so little now it just isn't worth it. Also if I sold to a member on here or .net I would regret that also, not in a bad way ;) but just that seeing the Zed still around would eat at me and thinking wished I never sold it. Also I have spent an awful lot on the Zed, alloys were 2K, head unit £600 etc etc which unless I pulled them all off the car I will never recoup that money. The idea was to get a car that would be more useful in the winter and with some practicality, winter wheels for the Z4 are going to be an eyewatering £2400 which is what the BMW winter wheel package costs for 18s etc, I'm now actually thinking of buying a very cheap car using it during the winter and selling it again in the spring, seems alot of E89 owners actually do this, will have to see, Ive seen a Suzuki Jimny 4x4 for less than 2K with 69000 on the clock, ideal for winter use. I'm kinda feel better now that I've made the decision not to sell the Z3.

Thanks again.

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Great decision Tim - does that mean we'll see more of you on here :-bd

How's the 4 running ??

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
Great decision Tim - does that mean we'll see more of you on here :-bd

How's the 4 running ??
Thanks Snoopy Snoops, tough one as I feel the Suzuki Jimny forums calling me =))

The 4 is going great, well pleased, it does have a prob though :( and going in tomorrow for a second attempt at a fix or trying to diagnose what is causing the prob :-? after fitting a new wastegate valve thats made no difference [-(

Tim.