Stormy_be

Zorg Guru (II)
Belgian Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I agree on both counts

it is gorgeous

it is like an e-type,

prefer the front of the toyota though. and I would put money on it being the more reliable of the two.
If you are looking for a reliable car. Never buy a classic car.
A classic car brakes down from time to time.
That comes with owning a real classic car.
And you know what, you meet the greatest people, people you would never meet otherwise, while having a broken down classic car.

Reactions: Rev

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I think the building behind echo's the retro lines of the Z8, it's such a beautiful machine and has a lovely balance of old and new,

one of my other favourite cars of all time is the honda S800 http://www.sussexsportscars.co.uk/cars/1967-honda-s800-coupe-for-sale/

and the Z8 reminds me strongly of this which is why I like it so much ,my thought was that the S800 or a DB5 or TR3 would look equally good in this setting,

how many modern cars could share a setting with those classics and hold their own?, you will all have opinions on this but I think the Z3 and Z8 have an appeal similar to the aforementioned classics..something that BMW moved away from in the design of the Z4 and maybe even the Z1..

for the same reason I prefer the jaguar XK over the new F type which I think is gimmicky and predictable...

one of the things I ask myself when looking at a car is "would a premiership footballer buy one" and if the answer is a yes I steer well clear!

(I am aware beckham had an XK but there is always one exception to the rule!)

once again, Rev that car is special.
Joey, I wasn't clear on what you said."
one of the things I ask myself when looking at a car is "would a premiership footballer buy one" and if the answer is a yes I steer well clear!" Does 'a premiership footballer' refer to a extremely famous player, and are you saying that for someone like this to buy a particular car, it is not a car you'd like to be associated with?

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Joey, I wasn't clear on what you said."
one of the things I ask myself when looking at a car is "would a premiership footballer buy one" and if the answer is a yes I steer well clear!" Does 'a premiership footballer' refer to a extremely famous player, and are you saying that for someone like this to buy a particular car, it is not a car you'd like to be associated with?
All will be revealled! They are all paid excessive amounts of money and live in an environment that is a Temple to opulence.

Heres a few examples of the type of car favoured by Premiership players.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2438591/Which-car-popular-Premier-League-footballers.html[/URL]

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/manchester-city-s-stephen-ireland-and-his-bling-bentley_15357

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Premiership-star-shows-super-shiny-Merc.html

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
thanks rev, I suspect you are right about mr beckham, he is a very stylish fella,

i'm actually a big fan of old japanese sports cars, the Toyota GT 2000 is just a beauty...

http://media.caranddriver.com/image...000gt-convertible-photo-235396-s-1280x782.jpg

as is this Datsun roadster

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...969),_Dutch_licence_registration_AL-61-24.JPG

because the japanese took their cues from the great british manufacturers of the day they appeal to me visually ,but they also have a personality all of their own as well,and the build quality was really good,in most cases as good as or better than the european counterpart.

recently the chinese have been doing the same with scooters and motorbikes and have made some really decent cafe racers and scooters...taking their cues from vespa and lambretta, and triumph,ducati and enfield.

http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.co.../16962.1374335312.Ace_Modified_F2_Special.jpg

http://totaalzoeker.be/uploads/tx_m...c/neco-abruzzi-125cc-speciale-aanbieding.jpeg

I am about to order the Skyteam bike from my local dealer in Godalming who replaces some of the bits that are not quite up to scratch,and sells them for about £200 more than the internet price with a 2 year warranty..I should have that little bit of fun by summer!.

I digress, my point is the chinese are now doing what the japanese were doing in the 60's 70's and 80's and copying european cars and bikes, most of the cars are rubbish

but they are starting to get better at it, how long before we see a reasonably priced roadsters made in china?.
One of my past cars that I really loved was a Datsun 240z (1972):
I had the exact same car. I was on Interstate 90 once up in Vermont one early morning and had a CB radio and was talking to another driver who had just past me. He asked if I had ever opened the car up and I told him 'no'. He said there is a strip of road ahead of you that is straight and long, about 3 miles, slightly downhill. If you want to jump on it, this is the place. No traffic around, 6AM in the morning, and I thought "why not". So I took it up to 143mph and could have gone faster but didn't have the nerve. Rear wheel drive, though, that caused me to do a 360 degree spin twice on icy roads. The memory of this gives me a bit of apprehension about having to drive the z3 throughout the winter.

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Haha... Can you imagine being the sales man that sold him it.

"You want WHAT colour?" "And WHAT Wheels".... Are you sure Mr. Ireland????

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
One of my past cars that I really loved was a Datsun 240z (1972):
I had the exact same car. I was on Interstate 90 once up in Vermont one early morning and had a CB radio and was talking to another driver who had just past me. He asked if I had ever opened the car up and I told him 'no'. He said there is a strip of road ahead of you that is straight and long, about 3 miles, slightly downhill. If you want to jump on it, this is the place. No traffic around, 6AM in the morning, and I thought "why not". So I took it up to 143mph and could have gone faster but didn't have the nerve. Rear wheel drive, though, that caused me to do a 360 degree spin twice on icy roads. The memory of this gives me a bit of apprehension about having to drive the z3 throughout the winter.
Nice car Frankie.

Cars are an awful lot more stable today than then.

But whether front or rear wheel you do though need to drive to the conditions. Maybe a little less lead on the right foot during the winter!

;)

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
love the datsun frankie...you clearly have great taste in cars.

the american equivalent of a premiership footballer would be "trailer trash" with lots.....and lots of money.

that bentley probably cries itself to sleep every night!..

that is the automotive equivalent of putting jane seymour (in her prime) in dress made out of asda bags...

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
love the datsun frankie...you clearly have great taste in cars.

that is the automotive equivalent of putting jane seymour (in her prime) in dress made out of asda bags...
I think I'd still have wanted Jane Seymour in Asda bags... I have no desire for the Bentley!

:angelic:

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
i would drive there...

but i suspect it would the Mrs driving back..;)

Reactions: Rev

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
the japanese made some great cars in the 60's and 70's

absolutely love that..reminds me of a jensen interceptor..