Sunglasses

Si

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0Si sport
Prescription I'm afraid but in my Ray Ban's. Got look cool and be able to see...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

brilie

Zorg Guru (IV)
Model of Z
2.8 roadster
I couldn't really afford it either Bri but it was either that or find myself a different job which wouldn't have been testing vehicles. But, depending how often you have new glasses (always 2 pairs) it's no cheaper than Laser in the long run.

Tony.
You could be right Tony,both Julie and myself wear
Lenses and they do cost every month
Cheaper to have a guide dog ;)

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Now that would cost a few quid, a guide dog that could drive :whistle:

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Italian magnetic clip-on's for my prescription glasses, cheaper than prescription sunglasses (not that I'm tight) just money efficient! :whistle:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I got mine from Specsavers mate and they were always s£250 ish a pair. Vari-focal lenses, scratch resistant coating, plastic light weight lenses etc. etc. The reason I had to get shut of glasses was after a full day of testing, using the lower part of the lens to look at close items meant my neck and shoulders were in a right state and it couldn't continue so the only option was to get my prescription applied to my eyeballs and ditch the "bins"

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

brilie

Zorg Guru (IV)
Model of Z
2.8 roadster
I got mine from Specsavers mate and they were always s£250 ish a pair. Vari-focal lenses, scratch resistant coating, plastic light weight lenses etc. etc. The reason I had to get shut of glasses was after a full day of testing, using the lower part of the lens to look at close items meant my neck and shoulders were in a right state and it couldn't continue so the only option was to get my prescription applied to my eyeballs and ditch the "bins"

Tony.
Needs must Tony!

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I had my eyes lasered 21yrs ago now, mainly because I was into gym and keep fit, running etc and my glasses kept steaming up and bouncing on my face when I was running.
The main reason though was that I took my boys swimming and I never wore my glasses in the swimming pool. On one visit I heard my youngest boy screaming as if he was in trouble so I looked for him in a moment of panic and I grabbed the wrong kid. I was mortified when I realised what I'd done, and it really hit home afterwards.
I could have left myself open to all sorts of accusations so decided then to have my eyes sorted. Back then, I think I paid £350 per eye but it's been well worth it to have 20yrs without glasses.

windym

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Ray-Ban,s with prescription lenses found the Ray Ban,s in TK Max £15 but the lenses cost £140. Hey Ho small price to pay for seeing where the road goes.

Andy

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
And that's a real shame mate. As I've told you before I'm making the best of my eyes for as long as I can.;)

Tony.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Prescription for me too - On to my second or third pair of Oakley's but can't remember which kind - Polarised Variofocals on high density plastic (thinner lighter lenses) - not at all cheap but worth it. Was put off he mirror finish though - looks great but it wears off with finger prints etc.
My prescription has changed enough to justify changing again soon. Thats my story anyways. :whistle:
The expense means that I have to get a few years wear out of them - just too expensive to change each year (or month) like some people.

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Reactions lenses in my prescription glasses......Versace sunglasses for when I'm wearing my contact lenses.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Need glasses for reading and buy vari vocals and is what I put on in the morning and sometimes wear em all day. Needed new sun glasses so got prescription ones that are all singing all dancing so don't need to change em in the sunlight, went for night anti glare this time as well, don't ask me how much I'm still wincing Still thinking about lasered.

Rha, Roy.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
I have Ziess umbral sunglases bought them in 1976, same shape that pilots wear. I also have Ray-Bans same shape.

Mike