Sony mex bt3900u phone problem

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
hi chaps
iv fitted the above today and what a cracking sound coming out of it.
pic at the bottom

the problem is that iv connected it to the phone (Nokia 6300 i think) via bluetooth and all went well....but you cant look through the call list or phonebook....but the biggest problem is that when you dial out the phone shows its dialing on the head unit but it cant be heard over the speakers.......and the same when some dials in...units displays calls but no sound.
iv been through the phone setting and cant find anything obvious and i know this phone is capable as it works thin the van?

so the question is..are there any people on here that know about such things and have you got any ideas..or can somone point me in the right direction....as the sony website is just @-)

edit....think we may have cracked it :ympray:

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Swamps,

I have the Sony MEX-BT3800U in my Z3. I've found the Bluetooth connection to be a bit of a pain. I also have a Bluetooth headset, and switching between the head unit and the head set was too much of a pain.

I fitted it so I could stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone, but found the sound was too laggy. I think this was the phone rather than the head unit though. When it was connected it behaved pretty well for voice calls.

That all said, it does sound awesome. Really impressive for the price.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
alright Gaz....this is were iv cocked up..i got into Sony's online help and iv got the door cards off...and yep the phone / voice only comes through the front speakers /the tweeters....i had him scratching his head :))
the steaming...well i'll give it ago but i'll probably just use the old fashioned mp3.
so i need to put the door cards back on now and see if the guys right..the rest im just going to have to work out (theres a lot on it)...the sound tho....very good ..its just going to need the speakers upgrading at some point s:s

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I may have the answer to this somewhere. If its what I think it its, It's the pin outs on the iso connector.

let me have a look through my old
Iphone and see if I can find it later after I've got some sleep...

Posted using Tapatalk on my Android Samsung Galaxy SII

B

badman gee

plug a mini usb stick in the front. thats what i do! (for music)

s:mrgreen

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
ok Gaz cheers..

thats what i'll end up doing badman...its all good s;)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I managed to find the note I made, but it's possibly not the same issue! The problem I had was that the stereo wouldn't play through all the speakers unless I had Traffic Announcements turned on - not sure if this covers the Bluetooth or not. It says below it doesn't happen on CD or iPod but It did on mine! This isn't really a problem unless you don't want the TA switching on all the time!

It says in th

Background: The head unit is being too clever and sending a signal to raise an auto antenna when you want to listen to the radio, but not CD or iPOD as the antenna is not needed. If you set the head unit to break in with traffic information it needs the antenna, so the remote signal is there.

The issue you have is that the ISO to BMW adapter you are using connects the BMW remote wire (used by both antenna and amplifier) to the auto antenna wire on your new head unit and not the amp remote power lead.

The manual for your radio will show you which is the amp remote lead and you need to splice this into the ISO adapter so it connects to the white wire on the BMW radio connector.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
cheers Gaz i'll keep an eye open for it happening s;)

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
swamper said:
alright Gaz....this is were iv cocked up..i got into Sony's online help and iv got the door cards off...and yep the phone / voice only comes through the front speakers /the tweeters....i had him scratching his head :))
the steaming...well i'll give it ago but i'll probably just use the old fashioned mp3.
so i need to put the door cards back on now and see if the guys right..the rest im just going to have to work out (theres a lot on it)...the sound tho....very good ..its just going to need the speakers upgrading at some point s:s
All this fiddling and messing about wouldnt it be easier just to drive the the bloody car.
Afterall thats what you bought it for :D :D :D
:ymalien:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
its gota be right mozza............ ;)
cant drive it at the mo anyway...the o ring on the expansion tanks leaking...

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
shurup im ill.......... :ymsick: