ServicePark vehicle maintenance tool

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Hi all,

As a massive car enthusiast (Z3 owner :)) and professional web developer, I have developed a new website to help keep track of vehicle maintenance: www.servicepark.co.uk

It's completely free, and that will never change. This is a site I have been developing as a hobby as I believed it would make a great tool for any car enthusiast! Hopefully it is something that will interest you guys too.

Here's a summary of the features (so far):

Email Reminders
Strict oil change schedule every 6 months? Always forgetting your MOT? You can add as many reminders as you like, and get emails a day, week or month in advance.

Service History Tracking
Keep track of all the hard work and money you spend on your car. Each time you perform a service, track it on the system, and upload pictures and/or invoices to build up a secure online service history file.

This becomes very useful when you want to check the last time you changed your brake pads, or what oil you used previously.

You can also share your history/modifications with others - take a look at my Z3 record here: http://www.servicepark.co.uk/p/f44441 - this becomes very useful when it comes to selling the vehicle, or helping a mechanic track down a problem.

If you decide it's not for you, you can easily export all your service history to an Excel spreadsheet, so nothing lost.

We've got lots of exciting ideas and developments coming - so get on-board now and help shape the future of the site :)

You can read more about how it works here.

Please go ahead and check it out - and of course sign up if it's something that will interest you. I look forward to any comments/questions.

Many thanks,
Sam

Note: admin have approved this posting, and ServicePark has no affiliation with zroadster.org.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Yes it looks interesting :p
I'll ask Alan to take a look :)

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Thanks guys, Let me know your thoughts!

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Looks good:thumbsup:. Have registered and made a few basic entries.

For the ~6 years of Z3 ownership I have been keeping my service/event records on an Excel spreadsheet (now mac numbers). I use conditional formatting for `due' alerts but will try running 2 in tandem for time being.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I have been keeping my service/event records on an Excel spreadsheet (now mac numbers).
@s512 - perhaps a CSV import option could be on the development list?

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
@s512 - perhaps a CSV import option could be on the development list?
Yes, that would be a great feature.

@jonco glad you like it! If you don't mind, perhaps you could send me your spreadsheet and I could implement an import function. The data doesn't need to be filled out, would just be good to see the structure you are using.

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
............ perhaps you could send me your spreadsheet and I could implement an import function. The data doesn't need to be filled out, would just be good to see the structure you are using.
Will do pm me your email address. Mine's very basic - I'm no IT man:(

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Hi all,

As a massive car enthusiast (Z3 owner :)) and professional web developer, I have developed a new website to help keep track of vehicle maintenance: www.servicepark.co.uk

It's completely free, and that will never change. This is a site I have been developing as a hobby as I believed it would make a great tool for any car enthusiast! Hopefully it is something that will interest you guys too.

Here's a summary of the features (so far):

Email Reminders
Strict oil change schedule every 6 months? Always forgetting your MOT? You can add as many reminders as you like, and get emails a day, week or month in advance.

Service History Tracking
Keep track of all the hard work and money you spend on your car. Each time you perform a service, track it on the system, and upload pictures and/or invoices to build up a secure online service history file.

This becomes very useful when you want to check the last time you changed your brake pads, or what oil you used previously.

You can also share your history/modifications with others - take a look at my Z3 record here: http://www.servicepark.co.uk/p/f44441 - this becomes very useful when it comes to selling the vehicle, or helping a mechanic track down a problem.

If you decide it's not for you, you can easily export all your service history to an Excel spreadsheet, so nothing lost.

We've got lots of exciting ideas and developments coming - so get on-board now and help shape the future of the site :)

You can read more about how it works here.

Please go ahead and check it out - and of course sign up if it's something that will interest you. I look forward to any comments/questions.

Many thanks,
Sam

Note: admin have approved this posting, and ServicePark has no affiliation with zroadster.org.
Booked marked to read in-depth next week. Looks pretty comprehensive and should be just the job for the "fleet" and it's records.

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Booked marked to read in-depth next week. Looks pretty comprehensive and should be just the job for the "fleet" and it's records.
Yup, that's the aim! It's hard enough to keep on top of one car's servicing and MOTs etc, let alone a 'fleet'! This tool should help out, though!

Thanks to all those who have signed up so far :)

simonlincs

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
Signed up, looks really helpful and will run in parallel with paper records, thanks

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Signed up my Zed, will add the Freelander and Galaxy later.:thumbsup:

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Thanks everyone!

Signed up, looks really helpful and will run in parallel with paper records, thanks
Yep - that's right: It's designed to work alongside paper records rather than replace. Gives you one single secure online place for all your records, where they are very easily searchable and backed up. You can also upload pictures of invoices etc. But of course, this will never replace your physical records... and I do urge everyone to keep these too!!

@simonlincs - very nice colour of Z3, not that I'm biased in anyway ;-)

simonlincs

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
Could not see how the public profile bit worked, it would be really useful to have an anonymous aggregation of costs associated with a particular model for example, or items that appeared at a certain mileage on a consistent basis across a model. Neat tool , thanks

s512

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Could not see how the public profile bit worked, it would be really useful to have an anonymous aggregation of costs associated with a particular model for example, or items that appeared at a certain mileage on a consistent basis across a model. Neat tool , thanks
Noted, thanks. Will make the public profile side of things clearer.

When viewing your car, there is a 'Public Profile' dropdown. Click on publish, and it will take you to a profile page that you can share. When you next view your car, click the Public Profile dropdown and you have the option to view your profile or unpublish it (meaning it's not accessible to anyone, even if they have the URL).

The aggregate costs and pulling together of model specific data is a nice idea. Will need to build up the user base considerably for that but would be very cool once possible! :)

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Nice job @s512 I'm going to give this a go with my 3 cars.

Lee