Sean d progress thread

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Had a full day, another 9 hours and got all the panels fitted, 2x front and rear wings, 2x doors, 2x sills, 2x gills, boot lid and back lights, Its finally starting to look like a car now. Still have to paint the bumpers but we had an emergency job turn up today so I will be working on that tomorrow.
w4.jpg
w3.jpg
w.jpg
w2.jpg

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Had a full day, another 9 hours and got all the panels fitted, 2x front and rear wings, 2x doors, 2x sills, 2x gills, boot lid and back lights, Its finally starting to look like a car now. Still have to paint the bumpers but we had an emergency job turn up today so I will be working on that tomorrow.View attachment 25195 View attachment 25196 View attachment 25197 View attachment 25198
Looking great mate. Look forward to seeing the finished product and in the flesh on one of the cruises next year :thumbsup:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Looking great mate. Look forward to seeing the finished product and in the flesh on one of the cruises next year :thumbsup:
Thanks Andy, it was quite slow going as every bolt that held the panels needed painting, there was just under 60 I think, each one was wire brushed, primed and then painted matt black, I greased them before fitting.
w5.jpg

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Thanks Andy, it was quite slow going as every bolt that held the panels needed painting, there was just under 60 I think, each one was wire brushed, primed and then painted matt black, I greased them before fitting.View attachment 25205
Now that's attention to detail.:thumbsup:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
It seriously needs wheels. better get saving, I'm not sure what size to get as I am concerned about the drive

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Stick with 17" Sean, 18's as absolute maximum. Just have a staggered set up.:thumbsup:

Tony.

ps. Are you colour coding the outer door handles?

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Stick with 17" Sean, 18's as absolute maximum. Just have a staggered set up.:thumbsup:

Tony.

No Tony, I still have chrome on the car, windscreen surround, kidney grills, rear brake light, so I thought the handles would tie in with that, I did consider it, I have also ordered new handle seals.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No Tony, I still have chrome on the car, windscreen surround, kidney grills, rear brake light, so I thought the handles would tie in with that, I did consider it, I have also ordered new handle seals.
I put chromed stainless steel handle covers on my Z3 Sean and they look the dog's................., if you like chrome. I can dig a link out for you if you want. They came from Germany.

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I put chromed stainless steel handle covers on my Z3 Sean and they look the dog's................., if you like chrome. I can dig a link out for you if you want. They came from Germany.

Tony.
Thanks Tony, but I have Chromed handles

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Mine had the factory chrome pack but the outer handles were still the dark grey/black plastic. That's why I fitted the covers.

Tony.

ps. I hope you kept those gorgeous stickers..........................;)

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Mine had the factory chrome pack but the outer handles were still the dark grey/black plastic. That's why I fitted the covers.

Tony.

ps. I hope you kept those gorgeous stickers..........................;)
Its a shame Tony but I couldn't get them off in one piece. The handles are solid chrome

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Only managed an hour today as was busy with work stuff, I wasn't happy with the n/s door fit, it opened with a spring, after a good look it was the window guide that was out, it angled in to much and hit the roof well before the door closed causing the door to spring open, bit of adjustment and it fits a treat now, also had a play with some fine polish and a fine mop to see what the final finish would look like,
I need a full day for the final polish.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i

Tony.

Agree with @t-tony mate, I've got 18's and find them a bit of a pain to be honest. I'll swap for a nice set of staggered 17's if anyone's interested!!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Agree with @t-tony mate, I've got 18's and find them a bit of a pain to be honest. I'll swap for a nice set of staggered 17's if anyone's interested!!
Agreed, yes stick with 17's, good compromise between looks and ride.

I'm on Style 78's in 17's, see piccy below.