Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Totally agree with the above advice!
You can make the car, the car can't fix you, just offering pleasure if you are healthy!
Enjoy the Christmas Sean!

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
z311.jpg
Thanks for the kind words guys, all is well and happy Xmas and have a great new year, I am back in on Tuesday and really looking forward to it as the doors will be ready to hang and once they are on I can fit the rest of the panels and get it gapped,
Just found this pic that I took out of the sun when I first took it outside

Last edited:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hope you're still recovering well Sean.
I agree with all that's been said already,your health is your wealth !
Sit back and enjoy the festive break :)

Steve

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Hope you're still recovering well Sean.
I agree with all that's been said already,your health is your wealth !
Sit back and enjoy the festive break :)

Steve
Thanks Steve, been taking it easy building a vets center, stables, barn, lighthouse, castle and caravan as my daughter gots lots of Lego friends for Christmas.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Thanks Steve, been taking it easy building a vets center, stables, barn, lighthouse, castle and caravan as my daughter gots lots of Lego friends for Christmas.
You got me worried until i read the bit at the end =))
Sounds like you're having fun :cool:

Steve

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Today didn't go as planned due to the fact that I went for a wee last night and my wife found me on the bathroom floor, I had collapsed and couldn't move and could only just speak, she called me an ambulance and it took 30 mins for them to stabilize me as my pulse was 39 and was bradycardic, never felt so bloody cold, I am normally fit and healthy with no conditions whatsoever, by the time I got to hospital I was feeling lots better, just tired, anyway at 4am they sent me home, no signs of heart attack, apparently the condition is quite common in men, when we go to the toilet our body has to relax and mine had just gone to far, therefor I didn't go to work today until 9.30, my plan was to paint the bumpers but I didn't feel up to it so I got the doors and boot lid flatted and polished, did a bit of tinkering and I had had enough by 3 so only about 5 hours on it today.
Also started to look at the hood, it is totally porous and dirty with some green stuff growing on it, I have some cleaning gear but can you reccommend a good water proofer,

I have promised the wife that I will have the next 4 days off and will get back on it next Tuesday.View attachment 25105 View attachment 25106 View attachment 25107 View attachment 25108 View attachment 25109
It's happened to me twice Sean. First time got up for the loo in the night, collapsed and smacked my head on the bedside table. Second time embarrassing to say, was sat having a pee and collapsed landing half in the bathroom, half on the landing. @jue1 bless her had to get my dignity back into place and stayed by my side till I came too. Scared me and jue witless both times. Relax a bit mate, your body needs a break, as did mine.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
It's happened to me twice Sean. First time got up for the loo in the night, collapsed and smacked my head on the bedside table. Second time embarrassing to say, was sat having a pee and collapsed landing half in the bathroom, half on the landing. @jue1 bless her had to get my dignity back into place and stayed by my side till I came too. Scared me and jue witless both times. Relax a bit mate, your body needs a break, as did mine.
Thanks for that mate, nothing like that has ever happened before and to be honest I thought it was my heart, I have been over doing it a bit trying to get the Z done as well as some normal work and started a fitness regime about 5 months ago so I have been hitting the gym on most evenings on a restricted diet, its rediculous really because the Z won't be going on the road until April but I'm getting carried away with it.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Glad to hear you're ok Sean, the Z's can be addictive.;)

Tony.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Thanks for that mate, nothing like that has ever happened before and to be honest I thought it was my heart, I have been over doing it a bit trying to get the Z done as well as some normal work and started a fitness regime about 5 months ago so I have been hitting the gym on most evenings on a restricted diet, its rediculous really because the Z won't be going on the road until April but I'm getting carried away with it.
First time I went down Jue thought I'd died. Scared the life out of her. Becareful with the diet. I did the same in the summer. I was quiet a big chap heading for 18st. Strict diet of very little fat and in the gym 3-4 days a week. Ended up in hospital for 9 weeks really ill having 2 operations and god knows how many drugs pumped into me. I ended up looking like this.
20150528_175454.jpg

Although the problem would have reared it's head at some point they said the diet triggered it off to start with. I came out of hospital at 12st12.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Bloody hell, thats one way to lose weight, I was 14 stone and got down to 12 on the button, was going for another half stone but I think I have probably put that on over the xmas break, back to work tomorrow, :)

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Well I'll be interested to see your car done Sean. I'm sure your going to get some business from this. :thumbsup:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Well I'll be interested to see your car done Sean. I'm sure your going to get some business from this. :thumbsup:
We are generally busy as the business was set up 32 years ago so have some good repeat customers but we also look after a few dealers, the main one is Westgate Honda, Seat, VW Proton, a lot of the cars are brand new with delivery mileage so have to be on the button, however, its always nice to have a big job to drop onto when things go quiet, we have a Triumph stag at the minute, just come in for a full restoration, including new hood and interior, its a V8 auto but we are also converting it to manual.
Its always good to get new business but we don't promote at all, that might change in the next few months as there are some changes coming.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
TBH £30 per hour is a very competitive rate Sean for the dealers but I'd have thought to the Joe public it should be more going on what the rates are in Lincoln. I bet you're always busy!:)

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
TBH £30 per hour is a very competitive rate Sean for the dealers but I'd have thought to the Joe public it should be more going on what the rates are in Lincoln. I bet you're always busy!:)

Tony.
We mainly work on price for the public Tony and you are correct that it generally works out a bit higher then £30 ph, if its a renovation the customer gets the option of a quote or £25 per hour.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That sounds like a very fair way of doing it Sean. A place I used to work in Lincoln always had a "no rush" project n the body shop to fall back on, having said that they invariably got finished at a bit of a gallop as time does creep up on you.;)

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
That sounds like a very fair way of doing it Sean. A place I used to work in Lincoln always had a "no rush" project n the body shop to fall back on, having said that they invariably got finished at a bit of a gallop as time does creep up on you.;)

Tony.
One of the conditions of the £25 ph is that the restoration will be taken at our pace and could be months before its done, so basically we drop on it when things go quiet.