#ZedShed Project Vixen - Sterling Grey Z3 2.8 Sport+

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
@Lee @GazHyde the yaw sensors don't like getting wet as I well know and mega $ to get new. Mine is a used one from USA and there are 3 part numbers for them each one superceeding the previous.
When checking for leaks try a hose pipe against the passenger door window and see if it runs out between the door card and inside of the door at the bottom.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
@Lee @GazHyde the yaw sensors don't like getting wet as I well know and mega $ to get new. Mine is a used one from USA and there are 3 part numbers for them each one superceeding the previous.
When checking for leaks try a hose pipe against the passenger door window and see if it runs out between the door card and inside of the door at the bottom.
When I bought the car it had a split window and had been stored outside for months. I'm guessing that's the cause of the water ingress. With the new roof fitted I've not seen any leaks.

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Saturday #ZedShed progress on Vixen was to look at a couple of different things. Rocking seats, possibly faulty "yaw" sensor causing issues with the ABS/TSC and to fit the Storm Motorwerks V1 gear knob Sam mentioned above (Sam has posted pics of the Storm above).

Taking the seats out is pretty straightforward, and there are plenty of threads on he detailing how to do so. Basically 2 nuts at the front, and 2 bolts at the back. Once the seats are out, you can easily remove the mechanism and then fit the new bushes.
View attachment 30178

View attachment 30179

Meanwhile it Vixen @pgunter & @Oldguysrule were busy locating and removing the yaw sensor. This sits in the passenger foot well under the carpets.
View attachment 30182

Lifting back the carpet to locate the sensor.
View attachment 30184

Of course, with this being a Z3 it can get pretty damp under the carpets. Water ingress then causes the unit to fail. The plan here is to remove the yaw sensor, have a look and look to try it out and see what happens. Worst case it will need a replacement unit.
View attachment 30180

Once the carpets were lifted on the passenger side it was obvious that there was a lot of water in there. When Vixen was purchased the dealer had broken the rear screen and it rained overnight. We are starting to think it may have been broken a bit longer than they said. The drivers side however was considerably wetter.

Trev started to squeeze the water out the sound proofing foam under the carpets and then sponge it up and decant in to an old plastic bowl.
View attachment 30185

View attachment 30186

It's going to take a while for interior to get dry with the amount of water still in there, but you have to start somewhere. This was about 10 minutes of squeezing and sponging with much more to go.
View attachment 30187
Excellent work guys but really can't believe the amount of water removed

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Sorry mate, Jim's old car doesn't have one, I know I've looked before and never found the YAW sensor, starting to think people made it up just to make me rip up carpet!

Those headlights look great mate, I'll post you mine!

DSC_0938.JPG

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
No worries mate. Thanks for storing those wheels, was that 'mop' a normal household drill with polishing clothe on the end?
No worries, I have the centre caps too they were sat on top but must of got missed.

Its my mop I use for the bodywork but any attachment on anything would of worked.

Lee

Shortie_gal

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
So as the sun was shining and we were at home today, Vixen got some TLC from me. I gave her a good wash, lee helped me Mop her and then we finished off with coconut wax! The interior got a good clean and the back window polished up quite nicely too with the mop :D

Vixen certainly looks and feels better now :)

Before i started - dont think she'd ever had a polish :(
image.jpeg

Lee showing me how to use the mop - he did most of it, i had a go at the back end.
image.jpeg

These products smell amazing!
image.jpeg

And then afterwards - looking all nice and shiny

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg