#ZedShed Project Vixen - Sterling Grey Z3 2.8 Sport+

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
4 hours for a quick on/off job? I would be glad your not charging any labour rates, sounds like you spent most of the time drinking tea :whistle:
how long did it take your dad? =))

We also did mwpe's front shocks on his daily in that time, didnt want to brag :D

Shortie_gal

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
cant wait to take her for a spin once shes all stiffened up! i WILL keep up with the boys! lol :ymdevil:

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
how long did it take your dad? =))

We also did mwpe's front shocks on his daily in that time, didnt want to brag :D
I would say about 4 weeks, his excuse was he had no one to help him. I bet he can't get one done in 4 hours, funny thing is I have one ready and waiting for him.

Great work as usual mate.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Lee your hair is a mess!

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Little update - Car is now back down on it's wheels, although not her wheels. looks like I've lost my track wheels. Everything went back together smoothly last night. @GazHyde has plenty of underside photos

Tonight I will be changing the front shocks and drop links, I'm waiting on the front braded lines to arrive and the Powerflex bushes. Hoping to test drive tonight.

IMG_7728.jpg

IMG_7741.JPG

IMG_7736.jpg

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
You proper cocked up there eh mate Lol!! Must say they do look rather tasty on there though. :thumbsup:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Reactions: Lee

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Little update on Sam's car. She's well and truly run in now and running lovely. Car is a firm ride and very confidence inspiring, I was happy to chase Niall in his M through the lanes.

Braided lines now on the front, this has transformed the peddle feel. It's very firm now so you can lean on them with little effort. I think ready for summer we will upgrade the disks and callipers to the 3.0 size and stick some yellow stuff pads in.
IMG_7929.jpg

We also had a little weep on the back of the rocker cover causing a strong smell of burning oil from time to time. Was quite an easy fix.
IMG_7780.JPG

Also had a funny one. I took martin out for a test drive and his feet got wet. I quickly remembered this can happen if the scuttle panel gets blocked allowing the water to flow into the car through the blower. Sure enough soon as we removed the panel we could see lots of leaves.

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

So for now she's ready for winter and looking mean.

IMG_7785.jpg

Last edited:

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Little update on Sam's car. She's well and truly run in now and running lovely. Car is a firm ride and very confidence inspiring, I was happy to chase Niall in his M through the lanes.

Braided lines now on the front, this has transformed the peddle feel. It's very firm now so you can lean on them with little effort. I think ready for summer we will upgrade the disks and callipers to the 3.0 size and stick some yellow stuff pads in.
View attachment 68750

We also has a little weep on the back of the rocker cover causing a strong smell of burning oil from time to time. Was quite an easy fix.
View attachment 68751

Also had a funny one. I took martin out for a test drive and his feet got wet. I quickly remembered this can happen if the scuttle panel gets blocked allowing the water to flow into the car through the blower. Sure enough soon as we removed the panel we could see lots of leaves.

View attachment 68752
View attachment 68753

So for now she's ready for winter and looking mean.

View attachment 68754
That's a good shout and top tip :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Looking good Lee. :thumbsup: Nice wheels.;)

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
I quickly remembered this can happen if the scuttle panel gets blocked allowing the water to flow into the car through the blower.
Had this with a 318i, just came out of the car wash, lucky I had left the center of town before the car cut out.
Had to take some electrical bits off the block and let them dry out.
And my jeans.

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Need some more pics of it in those wheels

Really suits the Z3 (or does the Z3 shape just make any wheel look good :) )

demig

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Roadster
Old thread I know but reading through in search of tips and just wanted to comment to say wow! Hope I can get my zed looking this good one day, probably when the teenager has been through uni I suspect!

Really like this car hope to see it one day if I ever get that far south. If you want a winter 2.2 rear subframe project from Northumberland I’m your man ;)

Any recent work on it to show us?

Shortie_gal

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Thanks @demig shes still an on-going project although shes pretty sweet at the mo. Recently replaced the fuel filter and crankshaft sensor. She had a ‘cutting out’ issue which seems to have been solved by this. Esp the new fuel filter. Guess she is breathing a lot better now.
Going to look at refurb on the wheels in the not so distant future and maybe giving her some extra horses... so keep an eye out! ;)

We do go to a few of the meets up north, euro cruises, scotland etc so hope you may see the car soon! You’ll have to see what meets you can make down south - we have some aweskme ones! :D
I hear the zedshed are taking bookings for winter... :thumbsup:

A7CA7626-76A3-4DC1-86C2-57A5C436F82D.jpeg

BF7FE0B8-4289-4CA0-B291-4A92D7041BFA.jpeg

1AB8138D-F48D-4FB9-AE4B-6B759CDFBE99.jpeg