Oxford Green 3.0i Z3

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
Looks gorgeous. I love the green/yellow combo.
Glad wheels next on that list! Not a fan of those style that's on it.

Uncle_Clanger

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i
I passed a black Z3 in Wellingborough the other day, I wondered if he had a straight through pipe... The noise was unbelievable as he blasted through a narrow shopping street..and not really in a good way. Imo the 3.0 has a lovely standard tone to it, again imo an upgrade needs to be fairly subtle and sympathetic...what were the choices on offer from Fast Road Conversions?

Madtoady

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i Roadster
I passed a black Z3 in Wellingborough the other day, I wondered if he had a straight through pipe... The noise was unbelievable as he blasted through a narrow shopping street..and not really in a good way. Imo the 3.0 has a lovely standard tone to it, again imo an upgrade needs to be fairly subtle and sympathetic...what were the choices on offer from Fast Road Conversions?
They offer what ever is wanted really. I want it to be little bit louder than standard but sportier with more pops.

Madtoady

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i Roadster

Madtoady

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i Roadster
Managed to finally get hold of a set of Style 78 wheels thanks to @Brian H.

I'm not a massive fan of the shadow chrome so I've dropped them off at my local Lepsons to get them back to a nice shiny silver ready for some new rubber.

20171124_104853.jpg

I took the car for a nice spirited drive today and was beaming from ear to ear. Just love the sound it currently makes but I'm itching to improve it with a new and improved exhaust. I think that'll have to wait until after I've spent all my money on a wedding :).

Heated sports seats and a new 'Royal Steering Wheels' steering wheel are also something I eventually plan on doing.

Madtoady

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i Roadster
Got new tyres fitted to the newly refurbished wheels today. I decided to go for the Continental Premium Contact 6. 225/45 R17 91Y on the front and 245/40 R17 91Y on the rear. Once I've put them on I'll probably look into fitting some spacers aswell. Possibly 10mm and 15mm but will have to check.

20180117_131519.jpg

Newly added to my to do list is to tackle the suspension. After spending hours researching on here I'm looking to go for the Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit with Bilstein B8 Shock Absorbers.
https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perf...ock-absorbers-lowers-front-30mm-and-rear-30mm

One thing I'm not so sure on, is that is there anything else that I could get installed whilst this is being fitted?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Bigger front anti roll bar?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
An ex member on here would tell you it's the first thing to change to improve handling. Not sure what size a 3.0 has as standard but worth looking into.

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Top mounts, may as well whilst you're in there.

Aaron MacQ

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I'd highly recommend changing the front control arm bushes to either the M roadster version, or better still, the early e36 M3 versions that provide a bit extra castor in the suspension geometry.

Polyurethane versions of each are available too.

Madtoady

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i Roadster

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Front or Rear or both? I've been looking around and it seems the front ones seem to hold up and its the rear that can go. Does this look a suitable replacement for the rear shock top mounts? https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perf...bushes-10mm-appears-in-position-30-on-diagram

They do a 10mm and 12mm version aswell.
I did both just for peace of mind as the mechanic is in there anyway and makes sense. I fitted OEM just on the basis these lasted 20 years but peeps do fit the ones you've highlighted. Not sure what the additional benefits are as I have no comparison to go by. Should give better handling though when your pushing on through the corners I would've thought.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Look forward to seeing the pics mate, looks much nicer I think.:)

Tony.