z4 2.2i se
wow some people make snow men you made a Z3

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
They do survive this is ours last winter.

And this is the whole collection back home safe

18 th January that was.

Stormy_be

Zorg Guru (II)
Belgian Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
We've had an extreamly warm winter until now here in Belgium
Only a couple of nights below zero.
Since weeks we still have 8-12°C in daytime.
It even messes up nature...some trees even still have their leaves.

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
we live in surrey..a good bit of which is now under water!

we live right by the river Wey but are up on a hill so have had no flooding, surrounding towns and villages have not been so lucky though, Godalming was badly flooded and lost all power and the centre of guildford at millmead lock was under 2-3 feet of water.:eek:

my auntie in reigate has the river mole running at the bottom of her garden...it now runs up to her back steps! ,it has not flooded there since the early 60's so this current weather is clearly freakish in nature...

Frankie I can relate to the wood burner and cat scenario, we live in a 16th century cottage and have a wood burner in the living room and a fluffy white lunatic called Alfie who loves nothing more than curling up on a warm lap!...

I can now see the point in a hardtop if you are getting snow like that every year...maybe on in december and off again in march..?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
We have been lucky over here so far. Big storm last October and then again on the 5th of December but the flood defens held up (I live near the coast) only a couple of unprotected islands were flooded. The bad weather hitting the UK at the moment has missed us as it is going north

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Its here............Brrrrr...............

Poor Z....spent all these years in a comfy garage until I bought it............and now.............
Frankie , I like the photo but it shouldn't be better with a thin cover on it ? (for the Z, I mean....;).)
Even in the absence of the garage it will protect better the soft top and the paint!

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Frankie , I like the photo but it shouldn't be better with a thin cover on it ? (for the Z, I mean....;).)
Even in the absence of the garage it will protect better the soft top and the paint!
I was in Austria a few years ago to visit relatives for the first time. We were speaking about the time before the WW ll. Hitler made the people in Austria have there family lines traced back for generations. The results were written, verified and recorded. They showed me the record of our family. It went back to the 1700's. The earliest documents showed the birth place of my relatives in what is now Romania. My grandmother's family name is Magyerics.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Mine survived a fair covering of snow a couple of years ago. I struggled to get home from work, about 13 miles, managed to get stuck on the drive manouvering around a snowman that the double glazing repair men left for me and couldn't get onto the garage so baby stayed out. I couldn't get out the drive the next day so dug the car out and got her into the garage.
Photo0555.jpg
Photo0570.jpg
Photo0585.jpg

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Stuck in Miami due to snow storm Hercules as all flights through New York were disrupted yesterday :(. Oh well a few more days holiday :)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Mine survived a fair covering of snow a couple of years ago. I struggled to get home from work, about 13 miles, managed to get stuck on the drive manouvering around a snowman that the double glazing repair men left for me and couldn't get onto the garage so baby stayed out. I couldn't get out the drive the next day so dug the car out and got her into the garage.View attachment 3627 View attachment 3628 View attachment 3629
With the snow and the cold, AC was really dead. You could have shot a cannon down the boardwalk. Seven miles of no one home. First, the door I came from:
0104141037c.jpg

Looking south:

0104141037a.jpg

Looking north:
0104141037b.jpg

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
I was in Austria a few years ago to visit relatives for the first time. We were speaking about the time before the WW ll. Hitler made the people in Austria have there family lines traced back for generations. The results were written, verified and recorded. They showed me the record of our family. It went back to the 1700's. The earliest documents showed the birth place of my relatives in what is now Romania. My grandmother's family name is Magyerics.
Frankie, life surprises never ends! You should talk about the beautiful Transilvania....it's still in Romania nowadays.
Are we maybe relatives!? For sure we are , at least regarding the obviously passion for the Z3...........:)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
we live in surrey..a good bit of which is now under water!

we live right by the river Wey but are up on a hill so have had no flooding, surrounding towns and villages have not been so lucky though, Godalming was badly flooded and lost all power and the centre of guildford at millmead lock was under 2-3 feet of water.:eek:

my auntie in reigate has the river mole running at the bottom of her garden...it now runs up to her back steps! ,it has not flooded there since the early 60's so this current weather is clearly freakish in nature...

Frankie I can relate to the wood burner and cat scenario, we live in a 16th century cottage and have a wood burner in the living room and a fluffy white lunatic called Alfie who loves nothing more than curling up on a warm lap!...

I can now see the point in a hardtop if you are getting snow like that every year...maybe on in december and off again in march..?
I have pity for people who have to deal with flooding. When Sandy hit last year, I was over in Brigantine and saw things I've never seen before. When driving through the north end of the Island, I was really shocked. The storm surge was very high and flooded most of the houses. When driving down the streets, everyone had what seemed to be all their belongings out in the street at the curb for removal. Its an unbelievable sight to see blocks and blocks of debris piled high in the street in front of EVERY house. There was no "trash collection". Front end loaders were scooping up everything and loading it into 30 yard dump trailers. These trailers were taking this to an open area near the golf course to be hauled away at a later date. This, at lease, server to clear most of the streets. On the street where my cousin lives, only 2 houses survived. What a mess! What a pity!

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Frankie, life surprises never ends! You should talk about the beautiful Transilvania....it's still in Romania nowadays.
Are we maybe relatives!? For sure we are , at least regarding the obviously passion for the Z3...........:)
At some time in the future, I'd like to look into this further. If I can find that paper, I'll pm it to you and perhaps you can tell me where this area is. Frankie

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Mine survived a fair covering of snow a couple of years ago. I struggled to get home from work, about 13 miles, managed to get stuck on the drive manouvering around a snowman that the double glazing repair men left for me and couldn't get onto the garage so baby stayed out. I couldn't get out the drive the next day so dug the car out and got her into the garage.View attachment 3627 View attachment 3628 View attachment 3629
I know how you must have hated to leave the car out that night. But I'm sure you must have felt very relieved just to have made it home to the comfort and safety of your own driveway instead of having to leave the car somewhere stuck out on the highway. Nothing feels better that to be able to make it home and get into the warmth of your house, a nice hot meal and perhaps a good fire going in the wood stove and your family around you. Home sweet home!!!! Looks like you had to do a lot of work shoveling. Last year I got a snow blower because the year before was record snowfall. Naturally, last year we hardly got any snow.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
The problem we have when the snow is deep, Frankie, is that both our Z3 & Z4 and our C240 Mercedes as you probably well know, are German rear wheel drive cars and our drive is a steep gradient up to the road, so it is virtually impossible to get a grip, If we take a run up at speed to get up the drive, we could fly out of the gate just as someone goes past and broadsides us! So we have to park up on the road verge in order to get to work, which means the cars have to stay out in the snow most of the time anyway.:(

Mike & Sandy