My Project Zed

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
That could be very useful and I am truly surprised.

I don't have a garage so i'll have to wait till it warms up.

That way we can do a good amount of things without freezing our t**s of.

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Don't be surprised with this lot on here we aim to help. Weather does need to warm a bit some jobs to do on mine as well and no garage.

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
So everything is back together just waiting on some door cards and a pair of front headlights now as well as the antenna mount.

However, I still can't figure out the cause of the battery drain.

@jonco I checked those Fuses and all seemed fine.

What I want to do is to check what's causing the drain by removing each fuse and checking with a multimeter if the power drawn decreases? Is this the method that I should use? And if so what setting would I need to use on multimeter?

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Parasitic draw is 0.22 I don't know much about electrics but I followed a video and that's the figure that my multimeter showed, figure went up when turning things on e.g. Hazards. I tried removing central locking Fuses and interior light and luggage compartment fuse, however the figure sat at 0.22. Will have to go through each fuse when the weather is nicer outside.

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
Boot light isn't staying on is it? Put you phone in the boot on video mode and shut the boot and lock the car. Then have a look at the video to check it is going off. It's been known quite a few times before that the boot light stays on and people don't realise, meaning they end up with a dead battery.

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@g8jka none of the interior lights / boot lights work so I've removed the bulbs

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
But the wiring could still be shorting out @Faheem. Put a few bulbs back in and try @g8jka 's suggestions. Nothing to lose but a few minutes of time and you may end up finding out why those lights weren't working. JIM