MY NEW ACQUISITION

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
There was also a stonking great Dennis mower with seat trailer, would have dearly loved that but impractical, would have cut you lawn in just two passes!!! More useful at Trent Bridge, doubt it fetched a sight either.
You would need a big lawn for something that size. We used to get some big Atco mowers in from the local council which had the trailed seat roller, great for mower races also................................. ;)=)) Allen scythe tyres were ripped apart more than once during "races", another accident occurred when a large rotovator was run out the workshop and the soil tillers cut a 240v extension lead which was laid across the floor, clean in half with a big crack and flash.

Tony.

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
My last mower the pikies nicked was my Dad's, an Atco with key start (starter motor), more of a sentimental loss. Not heard of Hayterette, guess a version of traditional Hayter cylinder cut?

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
Bet they're not having such riveting conversation as this in the Ladies Lounge =))

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Just logged on, been outside on this balmy summer eve spoodling up me motor for tomorrow like a good chap. You can't beat a stripey lawn Ant, shows clarss. Was very surprised it kicked into life that easy, will look something after a repaint in the correct green. :)
One stripey lawn ...
20160703_174907.jpg

:):):)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No, I bet they're not Adie. I will take a picture or two and show you. It's a rotary cut mower and it is 44 years old. They don't make then even that good anymore. The cutting mechanism consists of a large disc mounted directly on the end of the crankshaft, which has 4, 3" long hinged cutter blades mounted on it.

Tony.

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
I'd be interested to see a piccie. It was nice to meet you for the first time today Tony, albeit briefly, Z4 was top notch! Bet poor old Andy wondered why he set out in the first pace, must have been really miserable for him, hope it settles overnight Andy.

Last edited:

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
great bit of kit you have there @Synclare modern mowers just dont cut it (get it, insert roll eye smiley here) cylinder mowers are the best, how do i know - i worked for a mower and chainsaw company for years.

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
Very subtle wit Jason !! Yes the old stuff does have something of an appeal lacking in modern plaggy offerings, and after all that time and neglect it still fired up easily. Nice to have a proper car style cranking handle with it instead of rope around a pulley too.

great bit of kit you have there @Synclare modern mowers just dont cut it (get it, insert roll eye smiley here)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'd be interested to see a piccie. It was nice to meet you for the first time today Tony, albeit briefly, Z4 was top notch! Bet poor old Andy wondered why he set out in the first pace, must have been really miserable for him, hope it settles overnight Andy.
Absolutely mate, good to meet you too, always nice to put a face to a name. And just as a by-the-way here's a couple of pictures of my 44year old Hayterette, complete with the original sales sticker I applied all those years ago.:thumbsup:
022.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg

Tony.

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
Looks a sturdy bit of kit unlike todays offerings. :thumbsup:

Absolutely mate, good to meet you too, always nice to put a face to a name. And just as a by-the-way here's a couple of pictures of my 44year old Hayterette, complete with the original sales sticker I applied all those years ago.:thumbsup:

Tony.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Fly
I've just gone petrol the rear lawn is thst big electric was a right main in the rear.
Only stipulation the wife had was that the lawn had to have stripes o_O.
Got a really early Flymo cheap thats self driven makes life very easy.
Looked at a few of these too but nothing that cheap a real bargain but they where built to last.
flymo's were way ahead of their time over here. Showed up in the mid 70's and bought a gas powered. What a power house, now have an electric salvaged from a shed of a friend who found it when he bought a beach cabin. Don't really like the electric but it does work well. People who have never seen one are amazed there are no wheels!! JIM

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
Could have sworn this was a zed roadster forum.. Lol.. Turning into an old boys garden shed mower forum... Hahaha. Nice looking bit of English garden history too.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
It's Boy's and their Toys @pgunter. I love finding out what other hobbies and interests other members have besides the obvious, the Zed!! JIM