My London Marathon MNDA fund raiser

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Well that's week 12 done and it was meant to be a steady week but what a great finish. Friday night was only going to be a 7 mile run but it finished up being 10 miles (hell it just felt good so what's another 3 miles in the grand scheme of things).
Sunday was pocklington 10 mile road race and one of my running friends was trying to beat his best time on a 10 mile run. We ran it together and I paced him round the course, he knocked an amazing 8 minutes off his time. I think I got just as much of a buzz out of pacing him to the 8 minutes as he did in doing it.
I said it was a great finish and it was the zed came out of the garage for the first time in 4 weeks for the trip to Pocklington, complete with new Zroadster window stickers.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Fantastic, sounds like things are coming together great but that's the reward for all your hard work.

Then you got to drive your zed too :grin:

Any more events before the marathon or is it just steady training now.

Snoops ont'apatalk

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
The training is going well and this weekend was a good mental boost.
The miles per week start building now with longer speed work and tempo sessions as well, its all about building staminer for the big day. The races get longer as well, my next race (the only one between now and London) is East Hull 20 mile road race on the 18 March.
As for the rest of the time I've still got 240 miles training to do in the last 8 weeks before London.

As a little bit of a foot note I'm just starting to plan a marathon for October. As they say a long race takes a long time planning.

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Sunday comes round so quick.

Week 13 started with the usual Monday 5 mile dinertime sprint and all in all pretty unieventful.

Wednesday was club night and my running partner won a prize for beating his PB in Sundays race by more than anyone else beat theirs, so I was really proud of our efforts ( mine for holding pace and his for holding on for grim death! ) then after all that excitement we went for a 6 mile run.

Friday was a 10 mile tempo run again nothing spectacular just run of the mill ( haha)

Now Sunday that was a different story, I only really have two rules for running,
1) I don't run past the front door, when I get home I've finished.
2) I don't start a run in the rain, I don't mind if it starts to raining while I'm running but just not at the start.
I watched the weather reports for Sunday and it wasn't looking good so I set the alarm for 7am to be out for 8 with a hope to start before the rain. 7:45 it started raining, rule number two broken ( in marathon training your long runs are sacred and must not be missed) and it rained for the next 21 miles!
But there was one little ray of sunshine, I was running past a small garage and something just caught the corner of my eye and stopped me in my tracks!! The pictures below aren't great but you have to bear in mind I was cold, it was throwing it down and the camera phone I had was not the best

The weeks total 42 miles

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Time and energy to take in "The Sights" too, well done and

Congrats on the star :D

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Good spot! I'd be concentrating on trying not to collapse I think :D Anyone wanting to add to the silver collection?

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
That looks really good TIm :-bd
Can you get matching red or blue gloves though?
Those yellow fluorescent ones are abit of a clash ;)

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
That looks great :-bd

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Titan said:
That looks really good TIm :-bd
Can you get matching red or blue gloves though?
Those yellow fluorescent ones are abit of a clash ;)
Glad you all like it. I'm hopeing that by the time it gets to the 22 April it will be a bit warmer and no need for gloves, in fact the sun had better be cracking the slabs the week before the Marathon because I am so looking forward to the Yorkshire cruise, it's going to be a blast :D

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Week 14
This week was always going to be a quiet week because it's a "rest week" (only 30 miles) but it has turned out to be more of a rest than anticipated. I seemed to picked up a small injury from my long run last Sunday all down my left side. I have spent most of the week rollering my leg with a cold can while sat at my desk.
No Monday lunch run, just a small run on Wednesday, no run Friday, well maybe one in the Zed :D
Cabin fever kicked in today (Sunday), 16 miles god it felt good and what a difference a week makes, last week it rained for all 21 miles, this week it was a lovely sunny day in Yorkshire and even better no pains in my left Leg so business as normal for next week :ymparty:

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Week 15
I think the long slog to the start line is slowly starting to take its toll this week has been a tough one.
It all started on Monday with a trip to the doctors for a change of prescription for nerve blockers for a chronic bad back. What he neglected to tell me is there would be withdrawal symptoms from the old tablets and side effects from the new ones both causing nausea, loss of appetite and insomnia but to mention a few.
But no pain no gain
Monday lunch run done no problem (5 miles done)
Wednesday night is running club night felt like hard work (8 miles done)
Friday run from home getting even harder to motivate myself (7 miles done)
Sunday was East Hull 20 mile road race what can I say, I was not in a good place for this one, with sleep depravation, not eatting properly for two days and feeling sick, here I was stood on the start line with 20 miles in front of me. After 4 miles I'd had enough and felt like turning around and walking back to the car and going home but hey I was here now so I pushed on. 10 miles half way round and it's as far to turn around as it is to carry on. I have never been so glad to see a finish line in all my life and as soon as I was over it I collapsed in a big heap (20 miles done)
Bringing the weeks total to 40 miles
Looking back on it I shouldn't have run on Sunday but I was always told never miss your long run when marathon training. It was good for building stamina and I've got this far I'm not going to give up now with just two more high mileage weeks before tapering for the big day.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
ooooo felt for you there through everything I read then and it must have been hard.

But hey, guess what, that's all over now and it's onwards and upwards, plus you know the medication was a big factor... we're rooting for you :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Thanks snoops. Feeling a bit better today so hopefully I'm getting used to the new tablets now

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
courir.jpg
Excellent news....
courir.jpg
I've made a small donation to your coffers to hopefully help boost your morale a little :D

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Week 16
After the struggle of last week this week was a slow burn.
Monday and Tuesday were rest and recuperation days.
Wednesday was the usual club run night with a good gossip while we ran 7 miles, the aches and pains from the previous week had all but gone.
Thursday was another rest day before the end of week stamina build.
Friday night was an 8.5 mile tempo run, it was hard work but I came back brimming with confidence having enjoyed every minute of it.
Saturday morning was the 16 mile chase. I call it the chase because you do the first 8 miles at a slower pace than usual and then the second 8 you chase to catch the time back up, this is normally a hard run but it is made even harder by the tempo run the night before because your legs are still tired but, as always it builds stamina.