Wanted LOOKING FOR 2000 Z3 (W9 BMW)

inesmccallum

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone could help me. My mother bought herself a Z3 brand new in 2000 (photo below). Unfortunately I was born not long after and she had to sell the car. I’ve done a few checks on the car and it looks like it is still running, but failed its MOT in 2022/23, and now listed as SORN. It still has the same number plate she purchased when she bought the car too. I’m looking at buying the car back as a surprise for my mother’s birthday, if anyone knows of this specific Z3, or a potential owner of the car I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you!
IMG_2634.jpeg

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
If your search draws a blank what you may be able to do is petition the dvsa to give you reg keeper details and then you could contact them.
This dvsa used to be able to do this if you have a genuine reason for the request .

Stephen.

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
All I can tell you in addition to what you've already highlighted is that if your mum sold the car on April 7th 2001 then someone else purchased it on May 16th 2008.

I guess the reality now if you do find it is that the reg plate will be worth more than the car but it will need to be tested if you want to transfer it - as you say that's it original plate and it's never been off the car.

Bloody kids - they have a lot to answer for when it comes to the decisions we make regarding car purchases ;)

Last edited:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
If its the original plate as is original issued short digits plate will be a non transferable one will say that on log book
Stephen.

Edit.
That'll be why still on it

RAYBOY

Dedicated Member
What a great idea and hopefully a big surprise for your Mum
Good luck