KG51 EOF - Progress & Ownership Thread

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9i
Ooops I've done it again - another long distance unseen purchase that I wasn't due to collect until next week.

Despite the fact I keep moving back to a Z4 I always find myself wanting to come back to the Z3.

This is a 2001 1.9i Sport in Sterling Grey with Classic Black leather seats - I do like the Z3 in Sterling Grey and having had the Chameleon seats before I'd heard the Classic version was a good alternative.

So after a 3 hour train journey in and out of London I picked up the keys and despite the seller ensuring I had half a tank of petrol I drove ro the nearest petrol station to fill up the tank and check all the tyre pressures.

20240424_143750.jpg
20240424_143801.jpg
20240424_143804.jpg

All the tyres were at the recommened 29 psi which is always reassuring when you collect a car.

The car drove great on the 4 hour journey home across the Dartford tunnel and up the M11 & A1 - now I must remember to pay that DART charge ;)

Even managed to stop in Clumber Park to grab a couple of photo's as the sun went down.

20240424_191942.jpg
20240424_192533.jpg

And so it begins (again) this is my 8th Z3 and although I still have the E89 I will be listing that for sale shortly :thumbsup:

Peewee

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 Sport manual
Lovely car! Can't fault the colour and upholstery (same as mine)! Sterling Grey seems to go under the 'rare' category these days but that's likely due to it being not such a popular choice when new.
Enjoy!!

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Great photos! It’s a very good looking car. Roll on #20.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
That’s nice ..what’s the plan for this one ?

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
I guess it was another Ulez victim then.
What’s the milage on this one ?

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Hardly been driven in the last 10 years! ULEZ compliant!

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Didn't think the M43 engine was Ulez compliant .. wonder if they did something to the last batch of them to change emissions

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Sterling Grey is quite rare on a Z3 whereas it was a popular colour for the E85, hence the 'rare' sterling grey Z4 comments. Almost all early Z4s seem to be grey, black or silver .

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Why am I not surprised you've got another zed Garrie???=)) Have you thought about therapy for this addiction?:whistle:

John_B

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
Sterling Grey is quite rare on a Z3 whereas it was a popular colour for the E85, hence the 'rare' sterling grey Z4 comments. Almost all early Z4s seem to be grey, black or silver .
Reminds me of this chart. I'm a data guy so this kind of stuff gets my motor running 🤓

1714041851777.jpeg

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9i
I guess it was another Ulez victim then.
What’s the milage on this one ?
It had just ticked over 125k when I pulled on the drive following the 225 mile trip home - don't really plan on using it like that very often but it coped admirably with the motorway cruising alon nicely at 70 mph and pushing on when required :thumbsup:

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9i
Hardly been driven in the last 10 years! ULEZ compliant!
Yes I picked up on that when I looked at the MOT history - it's only done 10k miles in the past 18 years. Looks like it did north of 22k a year under it's original owner.

Good to know it's ULEZ compliant but I doubt I will ever benefit from that living in Sheffield and driving around the Peak District :thumbsup:

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9i
Who doesn't love a stacked bar chart :thumbsup:

One of my excuses for having owned multiple Z4's is the database someone put together for the ///M & 3.0si cars - I've spent ages playing with that and would dearly love for someone to create the same for the Z3's.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Who doesn't love a stacked bar chart :thumbsup:

One of my excuses for having owned multiple Z4's is the database someone put together for the ///M & 3.0si cars - I've spent ages playing with that and would dearly love for someone to create the same for the Z3's.

Z3’s are on there now