Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
In a word, Yuk!

Tony.

ChrisD

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
M44
It looks ok with that front end treatment but it doesn’t fit with the BMW design philosophy of the time - i.e. short overhangs and prominent kidney grills. The BMW design team would be up in arms. It looks vaguely AM DB9 - like. Not a bad thing, imo.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Looks like a Ford.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No thanks. ;)
Tony.

ZippyZed4

Dedicated Member
It looks ok with that front end treatment but it doesn’t fit with the BMW design philosophy of the time - i.e. short overhangs and prominent kidney grills. The BMW design team would be up in arms. It looks vaguely AM DB9 - like. Not a bad thing, imo.
Yes, vaguely like Db9 … I don’t want to disrespect BMW or Z fans… it’s all about design and ideas…for fun 🙂

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
It’s actually growing on me. I think it might look a lot better if it wasn’t sticking out so far and if it was somehow integrated with the lower part of the bumper. I guess it would be difficult to do a mock up differently without removing the whole front end.

ZippyZed4

Dedicated Member
It’s actually growing on me. I think it might look a lot better if it wasn’t sticking out so far and if it was somehow integrated with the lower part of the bumper. I guess it would be difficult to do a mock up differently without removing the whole front end.
Totally agree… it was my first attempt at foam moulding and it got a bit crazy… there’s a sweet spot because it needs to be far enough out to create nose but i agree i could be less then in photo… 👍🏻

ZippyZed4

Dedicated Member
Thing is…. It’s only a bumper 🤷🏼‍♂️… I’ve a perfect original to attach should i wish to. It’s been a cool learning process, now i know if i were to do this i’d be best off making a whole bumper mould (fibre glass) …

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
“Yuk” is a hearty laugh “Yuck” is possibly what you meant but both seem to work for your opinion 🤣👍🏻…. Each to their own 😉
IMG_0379.png

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The only reason I have design ideas for the Z4 is because there really is only one true Z4 …the e85/e86… the newer designs have got worse each time… imo 😉
This is the only body kit that I would entertain on an E85, in fact on any Z.

IMG_0380.png

Tony.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Not doing anything for me as I like the original styling.
However everyone to their own ideas, if you like it do it, its your car.
I presume it would be bonded on to the existing panel, so in essence non-reversible. Whether it would affect the value of the car if you wanted to sell it? It's something to consider.