How many miles is too many

ljauto

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
all true comments but as a different view which depends on your budget and use, if you found a low mileage one that you only plan to use on the odd occasion might be worth increasing budget , as you might end up with a decent investment that's fun as well , prices are only going up for the right models

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
If it not far away I'd go drive it and if it's nice see how much you can haggle down, he'll struggle to sell at that mileage (if we don't have the vosa check online you can be sure it would receive a haircut as it doesn't look like it's done the mileage).

I say this as I have driven a few with under 100k on the clock which we complete sheds (totally knackered suspension, water logged carpets and boot etc).

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I would pay up to £2K for a 2.8 preface lift, IF the car meets the criteria above, which summarises as you can only tell the mileage from the odometer.:)
You will be at the rough end of a 2.8 with a max budget of 2k. The preface widebody was only available as a 2.8 and is becoming more desirable. If you pushed to £3k you could land a nice car.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
an age old question I know ....

I know it's all about what types of miles as well as how many but a 2.8 Z3 that has done 264,000 miles . Is it too worn ?

There is one on fleaBay with fsh and same owner last 15 years. So it could be well looked after but .....?

What's the forums view please

Thanks

Dave
My 1.9 had 155k on if when I bought it in Maryland. I was garaged kept and the first thing I did driving it down the street was to stop into a gas station for gas. I no sooner got there when a young lady who stopped for gas went ga..ga looking at the car saying it was the most beautiful car she had ever seen. Last Sept, I drove it down to Florida, 1122miles one way to see @t-tony and @BMBabe and @Mnbrennan. Ran great all the way down and back.................Frankie