Dan

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi @DaveT,:welcome: to the forum from another Dave in Staffordshire. Anybody mentioned pics yet? :whistle:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome:

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Welcome to the forums, me and a friend have spent the best part of the weekend sitting in my 2.8 with the hose on the roof looking for issues sometimes it's the best way! Narrowed it down to the seal over the passenger side window for me.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hi, bought my 2.8 1998 Z3 just less than 2 months ago. Initially over the moon with my lovely little car and was looking forward to improving this 90,000 mile, 18 year old example. Not after a concourse car, just mechanically good original.
Anyway, first job was the seat drive bushes, easy job, great guide from Zroadster. Upon fitment of seats found carpets saturated both sides. Can only find leaks on passenger side so far, so how is water getting in drivers side.
Second issue, found broken spot weld in boot, you guessed it, Diff mount beam undoing itself and also cracked upon further investigation. What joy.
So what was going to be a steady improvement as time/money allows, when not getting in the way of enjoying the car, is now almost the opposite.
This will not put me off the potential pleasure I can have (sorry I'm an optimist) once these minor obstacles are overcome.
I will investigate the water leaks and if anyone has any suggestions then please help, the car lived outside for 3 years and the carpets were dry when I got the car, its the under carpet foam thats soaked up the water.
I live in Devon so would be interested in meets or drives etc and sharing information on future Z3 maintenance.
Thats it from me, Cheers.
Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey..................Frankie.

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: from sunny Dorset and Meeeeeeee:drinks:

MartinN

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.0Ltr Roadster
Hi From me in Hertfordshire you could check the door membranes and as mentioned in an earlier reply the top of the screen.