Grumpys on a fitness plan.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Feel so much better for it Mike. Was 15st10lb and lethargic, weighted in this morning at 13st8lb and feel as fit as I have in 20 years. Just been out and done a 6km walk in the woods with the dogs.
It makes all the difference Dave. I have dropped from 14st to 12st 4lb. I even went for a 20 min run in the Black Forrest. I too feel so much better. Just wish the gut would go a bit more quickly.
I dont do distance now on the x-trainer as i now alternate every 15 mins between that and weights for an Hour so 2x x-trainer 2x weights

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
I do a 5KM Parkrun (international event now, see website) most Saturday mornings, it's a good motivator to get out running.:)

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I do a 5KM Parkrun (international event now, see website) most Saturday mornings, it's a good motivator to get out running.:)
Just joined a couple of days back Ian. We have one at the end of Our road on the park. Got to go down and register.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
It makes all the difference Dave. I have dropped from 14st to 12st 4lb. I even went for a 20 min run in the Black Forrest. I too feel so much better. Just wish the gut would go a bit more quickly.
I dont do distance now on the x-trainer as i now alternate every 15 mins between that and weights for an Hour so 2x x-trainer 2x weights
Having the same problem with the last bit of gut Bill. Really annoying.

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Perfect sense - so many folks just slog on a cardio machine for hours on end thinking they are burning 100's of cal;ories. Weight training burns more, muscle burns when you are resting so the more muscle trained the more calories used ;)

Try interval training on a concept 2 rower, will burn the dripping from you - and as you increase in years Dave be careful of that treadmill - your joints wont thank you for it.
So if you are doing park runs now, lay off the treadmill a bit in the gym and try something else :thumbsup:

However all that said you've made an amazing transformation this year - looking forward to seeing the results soon, and just to help you out I'll even eat your dessert for you :D

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
You all remember @Grumps gay yellow trainers and his t-shirt when he was on holiday?

He has now got a yellow jacket.......

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
You all remember @Grumps gay yellow trainers and his t-shirt when he was on holiday?

He has now got a yellow jacket.......

Been on FB my little munchkin friend lol! That's my allocated uniform for bad weather. It was p****** it down all day and is had enough hence the happy face.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Ok bit of an update. I've been having some back trouble lately and visited the docs who have put me to the physio. I had my first session yesterday. Unfortunately they said the injury has been caused by the running and it will continue if I don't stop so I've had to make the decision to stop and look for something to keep fit......and here it is.
20171118_151959.jpg
20171118_144308.jpg

My work is registered on the cycle2work scheme so I've gone through that. Its goverment funded to get people on bikes so you get a very good discount. They gave me 42% through Halfords. Looking forward to picking it up next Saturday and making a start.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Ok bit of an update. I've been having some back trouble lately and visited the docs who have put me to the physio. I had my first session yesterday. Unfortunately they said the injury has been caused by the running and it will continue if I don't stop so I've had to make the decision to stop and look for something to keep fit......and here it is.
View attachment 69388 View attachment 69389
My work is registered on the cycle2work scheme so I've gone through that. Its goverment funded to get people on bikes so you get a very good discount. They gave me 42% through Halfords. Looking forward to picking it up next Saturday and making a start.
Nice one mate, shame about the running. No impact on the body on your bike though. May I be as bold to suggest cleats instead? The difference is night and day mate with a full 360 power increase on each revolution. Very easy to click in and out.

20171118_175639.jpg

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Thats a shame as you were doing really well. Mind £6 is not a bad price =))

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Yeah I'm gutted about the running, but the pain has got a bit much so it's had to go. The lowest vertebrae has seized which apparently is a common injury in runners. I'm having a few physio sessions and I having to do a series of exercises to help it to loosen up. I'm hoping to really get into the biking to keep the weight at bay and start to enjoy a new pastime.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Nice one mate, shame about the running. No impact on the body on your bike though. May I be as bold to suggest cleats instead? The difference is night and day mate with a full 360 power increase on each revolution. Very easy to click in and out.

View attachment 69390
Is that them things where you click your feet in and then fall off when you stop!

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Is that them things where you click your feet in and then fall off when you stop!
That's the ones mate =)) a doddle to get used to. Did a 100 miles a week until a few years ago, no dramas. Just rode round my street clicking one foot in and out to get it right before you go for it. The difference is phenomenal mate.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
That's the ones mate =)) a doddle to get used to. Did a 100 miles a week until a few years ago, no dramas. Just rode round my street clicking one foot in and out to get it right before you go for it. The difference is phenomenal mate.
Talked about these with Jue but decided against them. What makes it so much better mate?

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Talked about these with Jue but decided against them. What makes it so much better mate?
Because you're clicked in you get inertia on the full rotation 100% of the time, you can really pull up hard on the up-stroke and they're designed to have your foot just in the right place for maximum impact.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Because you're clicked in you get inertia on the full rotation 100% of the time, you can really pull up hard on the up-stroke and they're designed to have your foot just in the right place for maximum impact.
I'll have a few runs out as is and look at them. Tar fella :thumbsup: