Great start to the weekend - not !!!

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
There I was having a cup of tea with my mum when the the lady who lives opposite appears outside her window looking somewhat upset... then proceeds to come to the door. "Is this your car.... well it's my daughters, well my boyfriend has just reversed into it !!

I go out and he says, well I have to say it was my fault, I never looked when I was reversing. I say, well it wasn't my fault I was sat on the settee with a cup of tea in my hand, why didn't you look when you're going backwards, it's 5 olclock in broad daylight and as nice a day as you could wish for visibility.............. his reply........... there's never been a car there when I've reversed before !!!

If I'd had the power I would have took his keys off him and showed the way to the bus stop....

Then he says, I don't want it to go through insurance.... after I explained to him that it wasn't going to some back street garage and have the bump knocked out and that I want a car whilst it's having a new wing he relented and agreed to go through insurance.

45 mins later I get off the phone from insurance company who knows that much about me now she's on my Christmas card list......

Only saving grace it wasn't Zippy.... I may not have been so polite.......no correction, I definitely wouldn't have been so polite...

r37

Dedicated Member
atleast the bloke admitted his mistakes, 90% of people would have just left it. Looks like a 50/50 between new wing and pulled and painted, definately an insurance jobby though.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Sorry to hear about this snoops.. But I'm sure it will be as good as new in a jiffy ;)

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
r37 said:
atleast the bloke admitted his mistakes, 90% of people would have just left it. Looks like a 50/50 between new wing and pulled and painted, definately an insurance jobby though.
True..... the wing has flattened out near the edge of the door also, when I open the door it levers on the wing edge then pops back.. then vice versa when I close the door.... it's just one of those things, it's all the faffing around with insurance companies, garages and hire car companies. Nothing will probably happen until Tuesday now so I'll forget about it till then... :|

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Snoops, remember the dent in my bonnet, they removed it and it looks brand new, just like swamper's...... ;)

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
hard top said:
Snoops, remember the dent in my bonnet, they removed it and it looks brand new, just like swamper's...... ;)
Hoping to see it in July ;)

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
The wizzards sleeve said:
what car is it snoops
It's my runaround - Golf...

hard top said:
^ If you come and visit the coupe stand........ :D
Excellent news.... I'll bring Seasurfer, we'll get that tin top off in no time....

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
The wizzards sleeve said:
nice the golf's
It is a great little car, it's 9 years old and it's never given me a days trouble, was thinking of part exing recently but I've only done 70k miles in it so I'll keep it for a couple more years I think..... and just to show you how sentimental I am, on the inside of the back window there are some nose prints from my dog that passed away 14 months ago, I won't clean them off.... big softy that I am :)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Thank god, Snoops, when I started to read your post, I thought 'Oh no, not Zippy', it wasn't until the picture rolled up into view, as I was reading that I realised that the side indicater looked a bit strange! :-\ :-ss
A body guy will soon put it to rights Snoops and it won't be long before it's a dim and distant memory :-bd

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
EnthuZiaZT said:
Thank god, Snoops, when I started to read your post, I thought 'Oh no, not Zippy', it wasn't until the picture rolled up into view, as I was reading that I realised that the side indicater looked a bit strange! :-\ :-ss
A body guy will soon put it to rights Snoops and it won't be long before it's a dim and distant memory :-bd
No that was Zippy last year, when some kind unknown person rammed their door into mine.... that's when I had it sorted and ended up nearly having the whole car re-sprayed at the same time.... that's why I want a courtesy car I'm not parking Zippy on the car park where I park for work, it costs a fortune (NCP) but I don't like parking Zippy there.

T

The wizzards sleeve

EnthuZiaZT said:
yep, its easily fixed.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Snoops said:
EnthuZiaZT said:
No that was Zippy last year, when some kind unknown person rammed their door into mine.... that's when I had it sorted and ended up nearly having the whole car re-sprayed at the same time.... that's why I want a courtesy car I'm not parking Zippy on the car park where I park for work, it costs a fortune (NCP) but I don't like parking Zippy there.
We had exactly the same happen in our silver Z3 in Dunhelm car park about 3 years ago, when a young teenager opened her rear door beside us, just as we were moving off forward. We took the door forward with us, wedged on our rear wing :-o

The daughter sat in the back with her head down, but I couldn't believe that the mother sat in the front seat all the time and left it to the father to sort, we were convinced that he didn't have insurance because he couldn't remember who they were and just left us an address and telephone number. Mike was surprisingly calm and kept his cool the whole time O:)

Problem was after the new wing was fitted we seemed to have a wet patch in the boot, which we couldn't get rid of :-l

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Hi Snoops, what a twit, sorry to hear about this and hope it is sorted out as good as new, pleased it wasnt zippy though, but just as annoying. Good that they new you were in, might just have left it. Lets hope it doesnt take too long to sort.

Yep we can rip that top off for HT only we would need lots of these for the deed,

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
EnthuZiaZT said:
We had exactly the same happen in our silver Z3 in Dunhelm car park about 3 years ago, when a young teenager opened her rear door beside us, just as we were moving off forward. We took the door forward with us, wedged on our rear wing :-o

The daughter sat in the back with her head down, but I couldn't believe that the mother sat in the front seat all the time and left it to the father to sort, we were convinced that he didn't have insurance because he couldn't remember who they were and just left us an address and telepone number. Mike was surprisingly calm and kept his cool the whole time O:)

Problem was after the new wing was fitted we seemed to have a wet patch in the boot, which we couldn't get rid of :-l
Ouch.... it does make you think though, initially the guy today didn't want to involve insurance and you start wondering why, turns out he's with the same company as me.

The person who did Zippy drove off, I had to foot the bill myself...

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
SeaSurfer said:
Yep we can rip that top off for HT only we would need lots of these for the deed,
haha - have you been emoticon hunting.... like that one... one for the weekend....