Great Drives for the Z3

Loz3

Part of my reason for buying the Z3 was to complete a bucket list entry. Drive the Stelvio Pass in a sports car.

I wondered if anyone had done it and had any thoughts/advice to share? Mine is a lowly 1.9 which I will have serviced (ahead of schedule) prior to the trip, but I wondered if there was anything I should watch out for.

Route advice also welcome. I hope to make it this summer but even if I have to wait for better weather in 2014, I think it will be worth the trip! 3-4days, budget hotels. Great food. return via Riems and Epernay to collect a little celebratory juice and home.

Are the seats up to touring mileages?

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
We did the Stelvio last year and 3 zeds are going in just over 6 weeks time. We came up from Spain but this year we are leaving Friday the 9th Aug staying at Reims then staying 1 night at Mullhouse to visit the Motor Museum then we are going along the Sustenpasse staying at Oberwald then through the Furkapasse onto Lake Como where we stay for 4 nights and will be taking in the Stelvio, Julierpasse and a few others on day trips.
Doing it in 3 to 4 days will be asking a lot as it will take 2 days to get there and to be honest once you have driven around the Alps you will feel you have missed out because of haveing to drive past everything the Alps have to offer. But i would suggest going down the stelvio to Bormio and then come back through the Julierpasse
This is a link to the thread

http://zroadster.org/forum/threads/euro-trip-finalized.2971/

Loz3

Thanks for that!

I'll allow 7 days minimum and take time to enjoy the route. My Folks are heading down to Como so I could meet them there for a day or two to recover. Then hit the Stelvio and Juliepasse before heading back to Epernay for a glass of bubbly.

:drinks:

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Depending where their staying as it is a trek from como to the stelvio. We stayed at Colico last year and that is over an hour away.Have a look at our trip Sunday and Monday and cut out going to Oberwald you might even have time to do the Julierpasse well worth it. There is a nice little cafe at the top where you can sit out have a cuppa and see down the pass can even stroke the cows :) If you have tomtom or garmin i can send you itn files of the routes then you could change them accordingly

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Depending where their staying as it is a trek from como to the stelvio. We stayed at Colico last year and that is over an hour away.Have a look at our trip Sunday and Monday and cut out going to Oberwald you might even have time to do the Julierpasse well worth it. There is a nice little cafe at the top where you can sit out have a cuppa and see down the pass can even stroke the cows :) If you have tomtom or garmin i can send you itn files of the routes then you could change them accordingly
Wot about stroking the sheep.
Baaaaa:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

TR4man

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe
The Stelvio is on my bucket list too (it probably is on most petrolheads ;)), but I was interested to read that you were to return via Reims.

I was there last month on the way to the Spa Francorchamps Classic. Reims is a very atmospheric place, you'll love it.

Here is a couple of photos (I was not in my Zed :cool: for this trip)

Have a great time.

Regards

Peter