Finally a Z3 owner

jasecasecarr

British Zeds
Model of Z
Hi I'm Jason and the proud owner of not one but two Z3's within the space of a fortnight.. let me explain.

I had been thinking about a fun sports car for a while as a European road trip with a group of friends in 2025 is in the planning and the Z3 was high on the wish list. Ever since I used to salivate over a silver with red leather from the 1990s my friend had. The plan was I go 50/50 with my best mate and we share it as we live so close together.

Overall I thought for the budget it was the best choice after watching lots of You Tube videos and doing my due diligence on this very forum to try and learn as much as I could before purchasing. I had been tracking prices for a while and felt I kinda knew the market a bit although I do feel Z3 pricing seems to vary wildly but knew what I was after and a target price.

So I tracked one down and went to visit it in early August and did the deal and that was the 2001 Montreal Blue 1.9 which has been named Xenia..

So maybe that gives you a clue, yes, I'm a James Bond fan too and had always fancied the Bond colour combination, well one came up literally a week later at a price point I could roll the dice on, so I spent most of Sunday just gone doing the deal and collecting the Z3.

The short term plan is to work on the Atlantic Blue 1998 1.9 one (named Natalya incase you are wondering ) and trying to get it back to a bit of its glory, I don't think it's been neglected just needs a bit of TLC, having some fun and learning a bit on the way but without going crazy, my one has 100,000 on the clock but has only done 4,000 of those in last 12 years and when I collected the the car the drive home was more miles than it has done in the last 7 years.

I'm hoping to get lots of advice and help with things and find the answers to all the questions I may have. It did come up several times in the articles I read that the Z3 community is a good and helpful one, which was a selling point to me, so hopefully I've found this best forum.

I might do a video diary of my progress with the Atlantic Blue one for a James Bond podcast video channel I'm affiliated with, so might be cool to meet other members who can help with our restoration and talk about Z3s etc.. I don't know just an idea for now 💡

Anyway pleased to meet you all I'm Jase and my best mate is Berto (in red).

Please say hello and do let me know any no nos or pet peeves that I should be aware of as a new member .. I'm already thinking the Bond angle might be one.

Catch you all soon Jason

Attachments

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi and welcome from me near Lincoln (UK). Where're you guys located?

Tony.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
My first Z3 was the James Bond colour .👍
I loved that Z 🌞

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Welcome! Look up the Z3 AV8 Club, they do a few meets a year and meet at the AV8 cafe at Kemble airport and then convoy to the Classic Motor Hub at Bibury. Of course you'll have to decide which of your Zeds to take 🤭 I went to my first one earlier this year and they were a really good bunch

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome:, just down the road from you in the Forest. :thumbsup:

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Welcome aboard, yes this is the best Z Forum, all you will ever need to know can be found on here or just ask the question.
Good to see you added your location and model details into your user, since we are Worldwide its useful to see where and what you have, it also saves you typing them in each time you post. Details are displayed in the left hand column when viewed on a computer and displays on a phone when you expand on your user name. I am down in Newport and run our South Wales Enthusiasts Zedshed Cymru, we are a group of members with Z3 and Z4's spread over South Wales but do have members from Bristol and Gloucester and even further afield. Members buy their own parts when needed and they come to my home Garage which has a lift and together do any jobs on their cars, Diagnostic Scans, service jobs, gasket changes, brakes etc. We don't charge and leave it up to the individual to make a donation towards shed running costs for consumables etc. Always welcome to join in, just pm me with mobile number and you can be added to our Whats App group we use to keep in touch. You may have to post three times to be allowed to post PM's.

jasecasecarr

British Zeds
Model of Z
Welcome aboard, yes this is the best Z Forum, all you will ever need to know can be found on here or just ask the question.
Good to see you added your location and model details into your user, since we are Worldwide its useful to see where and what you have, it also saves you typing them in each time you post. Details are displayed in the left hand column when viewed on a computer and displays on a phone when you expand on your user name. I am down in Newport and run our South Wales Enthusiasts Zedshed Cymru, we are a group of members with Z3 and Z4's spread over South Wales but do have members from Bristol and Gloucester and even further afield. Members buy their own parts when needed and they come to my home Garage which has a lift and together do any jobs on their cars, Diagnostic Scans, service jobs, gasket changes, brakes etc. We don't charge and leave it up to the individual to make a donation towards shed running costs for consumables etc. Always welcome to join in, just pm me with mobile number and you can be added to our Whats App group we use to keep in touch. You may have to post three times to be allowed to post PM's.
Sounds fantastic and not too far away too.. Will drop you my number as soon as allowed

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Jason and :welcome: to the forum from me too in Stafford.