Cooper needs another zed!

Cooper

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i 2001
Well, after I get back from England and Ireland I will be keeping an eye out for another Zed. You know the feeling, you just HAVE to have one!

Now that I have some experience with them I will be looking for a wide body 2.8, with sports seats and close to show room condition I can get. If I have to wait... I will wait. Would love a Dakka Yellow [spelling???] one I must confess!

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Best colour @Cooper :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing what you get :p:happy:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Good luck with your quest! Are you just looking in country, or thinking of importing one?

Don't think they made too many 2.8's in Dakar though. That said there aren't any particularly bad colours for a Z3.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
As someone who just bought his second Z on Friday (3.0 roadster) I highly recommend it. Just do what I did and tell your wife / partner after you've pulled up on the driveway in it and already handed over the cash. That way they can't say no and they don't talk to you all weekend so you get some piece and quiet too!

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Good luck :p
Hope you find what your looking for ;)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hope you enjoy the UK and Ireland Coops, then find the car of your dreams mate. Good luck!

Tony.

Cooper

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i 2001
Hi Everyone ,

I am actively looking for another Zed now as I miss my 2.2i something horrible. This time I am going to get a 2.8 as I want a bit more power. Here is the one I am investigating VIN WBACH32030LC67538 and https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4281853

If I like it is will get the price down to something reasonable. [I hope] . This car is actually a 1999 not a 2000 as stated in the ad.

I have found a car which I am somewhat interested in and would like your opinion. This is a 1999 2.8 with M52TU engine. I had the M54 so I am familiar with that.

Is there anything particular with the M52 that I need to be aware of?
What do you guys think of this particular spec?
I will ask all the obvious questions regarding maintenance, condition, and such.

Any and all comments welcome.

Cheers,

Cooper

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i 2001
Also,

I will definitely be getting a Z with sports seats.
Heated seats are a bonus I am also looking for.
I don't know if having a LS diff will make any difference in an automatic.
I am not that fond of the external chrome pack on the windscreen but I have never seen it live.

Any comments welcomed.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Looks very nice. I don't think there is a great deal really. Listen for the vanos ticking. Other than that you know the cars well enough.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
It looks very tidy as its an auto may be worth looking into when the gearbox had its last oil change and filter change.
I imagine its quiet a nice drive for the mileage it looks a nice motor :thumbsup:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Looks very nice :thumbsup: Good luck hope you can get it.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
C
As someone who just bought his second Z on Friday (3.0 roadster) I highly recommend it. Just do what I did and tell your wife / partner after you've pulled up on the driveway in it and already handed over the cash. That way they can't say no and they don't talk to you all weekend so you get some piece and quiet too!
Congrats on the new car and you know what comes next!! I never once told the wife about what I was buying and on several occasions when she bravely ventured to behind the tree line would exclaim "when the h**l did you buy that and how did you get it here without me seeing it"" JIM

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Owwww that's really nice!!!! :p:D:thumbsup:

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
And finally "all good things , comes in three"!:D
It makes you feel more confident , in case you need a spare...:smug:

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hey Coop, glad you're wanting to get back into a Zed!! I've always enjoyed your posts and look ahead to reading many more. Good luck with the search!! JIM

Cooper

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i 2001
Good news people!

As you know I have been looking for a 2.8 for a while now.... well I found a 3.0 which I really like! Have a look!
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2280836
VIN is LL33415

The current owner is the second owner and he bought it off a very fastidious woman 8 years ago. Would you believe it comes with all 4 keys! Seriously how often does that happen? I picked it up for a more reasonable price as well. Unfortunately I can't get it until the 14th as it is on the mainland and getting it back here is an issue.

I am not all that keen on the beige interior but I will get used to it. It is hard to find cars that have a complete and thorough maintenance record so that was the tipping point for me. I haven't actually laid eyes on it in person but feel confident it will be fine. It still has the medical kit, and the guy got BMW to put the camber reducing kit on, replaced a pulley, just serviced, new brakes and rotors, only 1 non noticeable dent [no paint damage], only ever run on 98RON fuel, serviced by BMW regularly, etc....

It should go like stink methinks.

Cheers,

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Nice one @Cooper, go for it...:thumbsup:
I don't like beige either but I think your choices might be limited down there?

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Sounds a great car - hope all goes well in the final stages of purchase and transportation!:thumbsup: