Build your own car park

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Just was suggesting that the back looks a bit plain jane compared to all the other fine ideas you've put into the place but maybe just my personal taste. Is oil heating fairly cheap in the UK as fuel oil here is cost prohibitive. I have a wood/oil combo furnace but the oil gets used very seldom and will be replaced this summer with a wood/electric unit as our hydro is way cheaper than the oil option. Right now I hear with wood pellets and supplemental electric! Looks great though! JIM

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Just was suggesting that the back looks a bit plain jane compared to all the other fine ideas you've put into the place but maybe just my personal taste. Is oil heating fairly cheap in the UK as fuel oil here is cost prohibitive. I have a wood/oil combo furnace but the oil gets used very seldom and will be replaced this summer with a wood/electric unit as our hydro is way cheaper than the oil option. Right now I hear with wood pellets and supplemental electric! Looks great though! JIM
Sometimes you can have to much of a good thing ,and it can be a little overwhelming I've had to restrain myself a little there are some lovely fireplaces made with pebbles almost like a cobble wall , next time maybe .they are o well insulated they you barely have to heat them.we have ground source and solar in the log houses so I've gone through the options.this is the fire place it's a little more subtle than you realise at first glance.local builders used to supply their own manhole covers ,they're becoming collectable and we do have a little poetry engraved on the surround. But keep sending the ideas I'm a compulsive ideas robber ;)
image.jpeg
image.png
image.png

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Man what a transformation, it looks stunning Hugh. I hope you're all proud of what you've achieved, cos you should be.:thumbsup:

Tony.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Man what a transformation, it looks stunning Hugh. I hope you're all proud of what you've achieved, cos you should be.:thumbsup:

Tony.
Thanks Tony,I suppose we are proud ,but it's more the sense of having some sort of a vision and achieving it ,that's always nice.but the proof will be if our guests enjoy it .but your post made me look back at some earlier pictures ,I'd almost forgot lol
image.png
image.png

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
You've done a lot of work since Jill and me were there Hugh and from the results you can be really proud of you and your families efforts

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Just got to love that outside table....Hey mate, pass me a cold one....Here you go, bugger, just cut me wrist open..Medic..:D

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
As long as you're not skinny dipping it will be ok =))

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Just looked at first pic on first post and what a transformation :eek:, you started with a car park and now you've ended up with a great place for visitors to stay :snaphappy:, Hat off to you in the first pic, two hats off to you in the last pic :thumbsup:,can't wait to see it for real.

Rha, Roy.:happy:

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Well,our first three lots of guests have come and gone and it's been a great experience for us all as they have enjoyed there stay .Siwan has managed the cleaning ,laundry and hot tub management and so far everything works :) Here's a quick walk through i did after coming home from getting the M mot'ed.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRmGYkvusU&feature=youtu.be

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Looks great Hugh and that hot tub looks so inviting. Do you have a new puppy too ?