Boot Lock Mechanism

AndrewA

Hi All,
So...I was merrily enjoying a drive in my 1999 Z3 back from Brighton today when the boot won't shut! Looked like the lock wasn't catching. Anyhoo lashed the boot shut and called the AA.
Initially problem looked like the mechanics around the key (i.e. The stuff on the LHS, not the actual latch mechanic itself) needed some grease. Applying liberal WD40 seemed to do the trick. But, in the process of discovering this, the AA guy dissembled the metal rods from the mechanism and thought the problem was that one of these was bent. In an effort to straighten it up he snapped a ball and socket joint (pic attached). So I need a new one but for the life of me can't identify the part name or description to put into Breakeryard. Any ideas? Or do I need a whole new lock assembly - this seems excessive! Can I buy new rods - is that what they are called? If I google lock release cables/rods I get zippo!

As always help most welcome.

Attachments

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Top man Andy !:thumbsup:

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
More of a surgeon mate:thumbsup:=))

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Speaking of pigs (Oh oh, OT). My boss was digging in the garden at his new house and he unearthed the remains of a PIg, turned out to be a Robin.

Tony.