Back to what we know.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Well as well documented on here over the last few months Jues Kia Sorento finally gave up the ghost dropping cylinder 4. We have sold it as is to a local garage that are going to re-build or replace the engine.
Jue has decided it's better that devil you know so decided she would like to go back to another Freelander. We've been hard at it for a week or so and found this nice low mileage car in budget so deal done.
It's being mot'd so if all goes well we will collect it on Saturday.
Piccys!
Screenshot_2016-11-03-15-36-48.png

Screenshot_2016-11-03-15-37-17.png

Screenshot_2016-11-03-15-37-14.png

Screenshot_2016-11-03-15-37-08.png

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Looks in great condition and low mileage :thumbsup:.
Hopefully it'll be a keeper this time mate,fingers crossed :).

Steve

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Looks in great condition and low mileage :thumbsup:.
Hopefully it'll be a keeper this time mate,fingers crossed :).

Steve
I hope so Steve. Can't afford another bad one.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
I hope so Steve. Can't afford another bad one.
I think recently you've had more than enough motor related bad luck and I thought it was just me that happened to :rolleyes:.

So when you fitting Reggies new bouncy bits ? :whistle:.

Steve

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
This must be a first, buying a Land Rover for improved reliability!!

Looks a very nice one, enjoy!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That looks a nice car mate, 3dr racing model too. Alloys, lowering etc?;)

Tony.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I think recently you've had more than enough motor related bad luck and I thought it was just me that happened to :rolleyes:.

So when you fitting Reggies new bouncy bits ? :whistle:.

Steve
When our Bezzy can find the time bless him! No rush it's getting put away now at the weekend for winter. It will come stay taxed tho of course just in case.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
This must be a first, buying a Land Rover for improved reliability!!

Looks a very nice one, enjoy!
I know Dino! Jue had one the same on an S reg before the dreaded Kia and with 132000 on it never skipped a beat.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
When our Bezzy can find the time bless him! No rush it's getting put away now at the weekend for winter. It will come stay taxed tho of course just in case.
Good mate keep Reggie taxed we've got to take you round our new cruise route when you're free ;):).

Steve

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Nice one mate. My TD4 is 10 years of age with 109,000 miles on, in mint condition and has never missed a beat. We love it, great car.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Looks like a lovely motor, I'm a big fan of that facelifted Freelander. Tried to buy one for my girlfriend last year but couldn't find an affordable good condition diesel and I had read far too many horror stories about the 1.8 K series in them to take the risk. We ended up with a 53 plate Toyota Rav4 and I have to say a year later and it's been super reliable. Just ticked over 132k and it runs like a swiss watch. It's the sporty 3dr with the 2.0 VVTi.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Looks like a lovely motor, I'm a big fan of that facelifted Freelander. Tried to buy one for my girlfriend last year but couldn't find an affordable good condition diesel and I had read far too many horror stories about the 1.8 K series in them to take the risk. We ended up with a 53 plate Toyota Rav4 and I have to say a year later and it's been super reliable. Just ticked over 132k and it runs like a swiss watch. It's the sporty 3dr with the 2.0 VVTi.
We had the same problem. Couldn't find a good td4 in budget. Our old one was a 1.8 k series and never gave us any bother. This one is the same model. It has comprehensive history and shows the head gasket has been done with the upgraded kit. They tend to be fine once done so hopefully won't have any more trouble with that.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
We had the same problem. Couldn't find a good td4 in budget. Our old one was a 1.8 k series and never gave us any bother. This one is the same model. It has comprehensive history and shows the head gasket has been done with the upgraded kit. They tend to be fine once done so hopefully won't have any more trouble with that.
Never had a personal experience with the K series. I felt like it was over exaggerated but after the girlfriend had spent an evening googling it, it was a no go. Which is a shame because I really wanted a Freelander!! Haha as nice as the little Rav is it doesn't have the same appeal when I'm nipping the shops in it.