Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Vegans on here

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Sean d, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Toby

Toby Zorg Guru (I)
    British Zeds

Not quite true, his canines are there for fighting not eating, as were ours, so maybe flesh tearing that's all. Usually in combat over the fairer sex :D
    Ours have mostly receded due to lack of use though, hence they are smaller.

Good luck to you Sean and your family, just be aware of the dangers and how to combat them.

2. AleNod

AleNod Dedicated Member
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 20i sdrive roadster
    Saw something about this the other day, along the lines of . . .

The Chinese eat more rice than we do, and they live longer than us.
    The Japanese eat more raw fish than we do, and they live longer than us.
    The Italians eat more pasta than we do, and they live longer than us.
    The French drink more wine than we do, and they live longer than us.
    The Germans drink more beer than we do, and they live longer than us.

In summary ? Eat and drink what you like, its speaking English that shortens your lifespan . . .

Seriously though, apologies Sean I dont mean to trivialise your decision. Respect - good luck with diet changes, hope theres improvement for you . . .

3. Jack Ratt

Jack Ratt Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds The West Country

Model of Z:
    2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
    This is an interesting thread @Sean d though I really don't see why you have to be one or the other, ie meat or no meat. I have had the vege option on lots of occasions and generally I've enjoyed them too.
    I'm away from home 4 nights a week so it's usually restaurant, takeaway or pub grub for me. I have thought about having a vege week but as yet that's all it's been, a thought.

Food for thought may be ?

4. pgunter

pgunter My Two Girls
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed

Model of Z:
    2.2i sport & 3.0i sport
    I could never give up meat but I do add a lot of fresh veg with my food too. Venison is one of the best meats going as it’s low fat and when cooked right tastes amazing.

I am working on a venison recipe that has a coco powder sauce with red currant jam. Served with Stilton and fresh crusty bread. Just saying :whistle:

@Nodzed where’s my wild boar too..

And yes that’s my cooking.

4ABA208C-B815-404B-AEAF-7C4CA71534E4.jpeg AD76BB5D-2EAF-4639-BC5E-AEB799CADDE0.jpeg
    3895AB25-B07D-415E-8B5E-AA811BE36B81.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nodzed

Nodzed Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed M Power

Model of Z:
    Z3M Roadster
    One of my favourite curries is aubergine thai. Ali has a great recipe. No need for meat full of flavour from the aubergines and they are quite meaty in texture.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sean d

Sean d Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8
    We going all out because we want to see the full effect that it has on us, one of the main benefits is that the arteries and veins open up and allow increased blood flow, this is particularly good for joints and allows for better healing

• Like Like x 3
  7. andyglym

andyglym Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    Only way to do it mate, no point in doing half measures. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    I have been vegetarian for about two years mainly for health reasons. It started as a way of losing weight as after changing jobs I was putting a stone of weight every six months. I do eat dairy products which makes life easier and is a good source of protein, particular the SKYR Icelandic yogurt which is very high in protein. I also have occasionally eaten sushi. I do feel healthier and fairly fit for my age 53. Last Monday I managed 1000 push ups in a day for the first time in 30 years and I also walk a lot. My mother and two of my Grandparents have had diabetes so I decided to look after myself a bit better. Cutting down on the amount of biscuits, sweets and cake have also helped. As I only have to cook for myself its been very easy but becoming vegan and not having dairy products is quite a bit harder. Also I bought a cheap microwave steamer which is fantastic at cooking beans, broccoli, small potatoes and carrots etc.

• Like Like x 4
  9. andyglym

Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    1000 push-ups in a day :wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Shelly

Shelly Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
    I couldn’t do 1 =))

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Sean d

Sean d Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8
    Thanks pal, thats the exact point I was making, his teeth are mainly for show of strength

12. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    It started as an attempt on 1000 in an hour but I only got to 650. I now weigh 11 and a half stone before I turned vegi I was 14 stone and there is no way I could have done that many push ups. I feel much more healthy now and I am the fittest I have been in decades. Its ironic that due to a dispute with my employer and an upcoming court case against them I have been on gardening leave for 3 months. I work with some great colleges but for complete pillocks even this week one of the councillors on the council I work for has made the national press again, and another has been exposed as spending six months in prison for stealing 16k from a social club to fund his addiction to adult chat lines. the ex mayors boyfriend has pleaded guilty in relation to child abuse allegations and another of her boyfriends was found guilty of threatening to kill me. My employer tried to stop me giving evidence in court and tried to sack me and posted false criminal allegations against me on there social media pages. Apart from that working for Houghton Regis Council has been great. Oh I forgot my foreman got shot! Good job I had joined a union. =))=))=)) https://twitter.com/ExposedRegis/status/1198126815279235072?s=20

13. andyglym

Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    I tip my hat to you.

14. Sean d

Sean d Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8
    Now thats a challenge to head for, I have a home gym and got the fittest I have been for years, however I started bulking and realised that my 53 yo joints just won't take the big weights, I'm now going for reps

15. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    I tend to walk a lot and do press ups and the plank exercise. I have allways done a certain amount of manual work which helps keep you fit. As for push ups I now do reps of 30 to 40, when I was twenty I could do about 200 in one go but that was because I was in competition with a friend who was a martial arts expert and incredibly fit. I didn't do any for decades until about two years ago. when I started again I could only do 4 =))=)) That was one of the reasons for changing my diet and lifestyle. I went away to spain in march for a surprise 50th birthday party for an old friend. I stayed in a villa with 8 others and I was the only one not taking a selection of pills everyday. I think if you get out of shape when over 50 its a lot harder to get back in to shape.

16. Sean d

Sean d Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8
    Touch wood, I don't take any pills and consider myself rather fit but need to do a bit more, one of the reasons for going Vegan is to get as fit as I can,
    It works for this guy, been Vegan for over six years, Germanys strongest man and a world record holder,
    Patrik_Baboumian___7_-3.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ktnez99

ktnez99 Zorg Guru (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8L
    Did any of you watch Countryfile this evening? There was an article on about artisan beef and grass grazing herds. Beef is receiving a very bad press in relation to health and the environment. It made for interesting watching as there was discussion about labelling to identify how cattle are reared. The industry is in crisis with farmers quitting as one farmer stated how this year alone, she’s lost £185 per cow yet retailers aren’t passing this on to consumers. Her income has fallen by £18k pa to date.

I rarely eat red meat, avoid pork as it’s very hard to digest, and can go for weeks and weeks eating non-meat, non-poultry. Not keen on poultry especially mass produced chicken with how quickly they are grown and what they are fed to speed this growth. I drink Alpro milk and eat Alpro yoghurt. I really enjoy concocting non-meat non-dairy meals.

I find inspiration from seasonal produce and as Christmas is quickly appearing, I make a very tasty sprout risotto.

Good look with this @Sean d and I hope your daughter benefits.

18. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    Screenshot_20190828-194854.png That is taking it a little bit too far =)) mind you it's easy to get carried away. I went out for a pint of milk the other day

19. Sean d

Sean d Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8
    Bloody hell, thats about 20 miles, I have worn my wifes fit bit whilst at work and avergage around 16000 steps a day

20. Oddly Godly

Oddly Godly Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    z3 2.8
    I did 30000 at work one day. I scarified the bowls green and then cut it twice. Then I went litter picking for a couple of hours, it's amazing how it adds up. I am sure before I had the app on my phone I have done more.