• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD A brace of Z3M's

The plot is thickening. I've made plans to go to the auction.
I can see the LL on the BMW site.
I've also made arrangements with Lee to do the work should I be successful. Needs a bit more digging I think.

You need to do a build data sheet using the VIN, using the registration could cause issues i.e. The reg was on LHD Z3M previously, I seriously doubt it has been converted, if it has walk away, the car will be almost impossible to insure without an engineers certificate engine etc.
 
You need to do a build data sheet using the VIN, using the registration could cause issues i.e. The reg was on LHD Z3M previously, I seriously doubt it has been converted, if it has walk away, the car will be almost impossible to insure without an engineers certificate engine etc.
Digging has found cat d loss in year 2000. Walking away for sure.
I'm so pleased I didn't drive from Bristol to find out!!
Thanks for you guys.
 
Nice find that, strangely I had a message last night about one of these being shipped to me for an overhaul.

Hi Lee. Paul here. Scrap the plan. Further digging reveals cat d in 2000.
Maybe in the future but can I say thanks for your immediate help. Great service.
Paul
 
@Paulro good find that. Surely they must have to declare that.
Not on an import, it is up to the buyer to find out the history. Maybe worth informing the auction house, now they would have to declare this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lee
The number plate holder on the first one is also not colour coded, something just not right about that car!



Too much work to convert from LHD to RHD, surely not enough money in the cars to justify this?
And there's always someone willing to spend the $$$ no matter the cost! Remember the car @Sean had in that was such a rust bucket and the expense the fellow was willing to part with to make it right?? JIM
 
Browsing the Web, I came across this pair up for grabs this Saturday at Anglican Car Auctions, Kings Lynn.

Lot 5 - 1997, 34,000kms, last MOT 2011 estimate £8,000 - £10,000. RHD, but I am guessing it is an import.

View attachment 48721

View attachment 48723

View attachment 48724

Lot 80 - 1999, 55,000 miles, comprehensive MOT history & FSH. Estimate £15,500 - £17,500.

View attachment 48725

View attachment 48726

View attachment 48727

The good news is that they are in a Classic rather than a Modern auction. :thumbsup:

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/...sic-car-catalogue/saturday-28th-january-2017/
Looks a bit staged to me, all that bird crap on the floor but none on the shiny car apart from the strategically placed bits on the bonnet, roof and boot lid. Am i over suspicious?
 
Looks a bit staged to me, all that bird crap on the floor but none on the shiny car apart from the strategically placed bits on the bonnet, roof and boot lid. Am i over suspicious?
Spot on. I thought that and was organised to go to auction, a rubbish journey, cross country on A roads from Bristol to kings lynn. Deposit in pocket.
But today I checked the BMW build history and with the help of members here established that it was originally a left hand drive and then, with further digging, a cat d vehicle in 2000.
No mention of any of this on the description and still only half the story.
So, I'm not going. The other car looks genuine and there's another on BCA on Monday but they are talking 22k minimum.
I have a lovely z3 3.0 sport and love it so for the time being I'm sticking with that.
 
Spot on. I thought that and was organised to go to auction, a rubbish journey, cross country on A roads from Bristol to kings lynn. Deposit in pocket.
But today I checked the BMW build history and with the help of members here established that it was originally a left hand drive and then, with further digging, a cat d vehicle in 2000.
No mention of any of this on the description and still only half the story.
So, I'm not going. The other car looks genuine and there's another on BCA on Monday but they are talking 22k minimum.
I have a lovely z3 3.0 sport and love it so for the time being I'm sticking with that.
That's what I'd do. I don't know enough about Z3 to speak with any authority but it's a staggering price hike from the 2.8 to 3.0 nevermind an M!!
 
Spot on. I thought that and was organised to go to auction, a rubbish journey, cross country on A roads from Bristol to kings lynn. Deposit in pocket.
But today I checked the BMW build history and with the help of members here established that it was originally a left hand drive and then, with further digging, a cat d vehicle in 2000.
No mention of any of this on the description and still only half the story.
So, I'm not going. The other car looks genuine and there's another on BCA on Monday but they are talking 22k minimum.
I have a lovely z3 3.0 sport and love it so for the time being I'm sticking with that.
I think in fairness @Brian H has pointed out that registrations may have been passed around so the VIN that comes up for that registration may not be that of the car in question. In other words BMW's database may be lagging behind. On the other hand I'm not sure he's dismissing the theory completely either?

At the right money it would still be a good buy. But it really would need to be the right money. And that might be considerably less than the guide price.
 
I think in fairness @Brian H has pointed out that registrations may have been passed around so the VIN that comes up for that registration may not be that of the car in question. In other words BMW's database may be lagging behind. On the other hand I'm not sure he's dismissing the theory completely either?

At the right money it would still be a good buy. But it really would need to be the right money. And that might be considerably less than the guide price.
It is the correct vin. I checked with auction house. They have log book. The database for the vin is cast in stone. The auctioneers had no idea about the cat d even though they said they checked every car.
I can't imagine this car selling. Just too many issues.
 
It's not valueless so it would sell. It's just how it's valued and whether it meets the reserve.
True, but I can't imagine trying to sell it on for decent money having to reveal it was built as a lhd car, which explains the kms speedo but was also Cat d.
Let's see. The results are published.
 
Does the engine number match the V5? Just curious? I don't think I'd be too interested in anything from that auction house if they couldn't track down the fact it was a Cat D! JIM
 
Just caught up with the comments, some great detective work going on. :thumbsup:The 'barn find' looks like a right dog and should be removed from sale.
 
Back
Top