• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale 3.0 Sport Auto Now Sold

Paulro

Zorg Legend
Joined
Dec 15, 2016
Points
75
Location
Bristol
Model of Z
3.0 sport auto.(now sold) 3.0 Z4 Coupe
After 6 years of ownership I’m very reluctantly and sadly offering my car for sale.
Currently I’m in Portugal with the car and will be driving it back to the UK next week, arriving Sunday.
Before I advertise it on a wider platform I wondered if someone here might be interested.
It’s a 2002 Sport, 109k miles and will increase as I return to the UK.
It has a good history, shared between main dealer and independent specialists and is very loved.
Recent discs and pads as well as water pump and belts at main dealer.
This reluctant sale is due mainly to a forced change in my plan for the car. I had anticipated using it in sunnier climates in my retirement in Portugal but sadly Brexit has put paid to that.
Just before Covid struck I began planning a suspension refurbishment, buying lots of OEM Lemforder suspension parts and standard front and rear shocks but have not got round to having the parts fitted. There’s a substantial amount of parts that will be inc with the car.
I felt that a car, 20 years old would benefit from an upgrade and I’m sure that’s correct.
The car is a real head turner and is a good honest friend.
The original hood needs to be replaced but as I’ve never driven in the rain in my 6 years of ownership, it hasn’t been an issue.
I’ll post a few pictures, I’ve taken a good few this morning and if there’s interest, I’ll post you more.
I can’t quite remember how much all of the suspension items have cost me but probably at least £800, perhaps more.
I’m thinking around £5.500 is a fair price and I’m guessing the response to this ad will confirm it one way or the other.
 

Attachments

  • 4F8610EA-937A-4931-B861-A058FAD8BBCF.webp
    4F8610EA-937A-4931-B861-A058FAD8BBCF.webp
    210 KB · Views: 540
  • E62657FB-1206-47C2-8424-7439883A7FCB.webp
    E62657FB-1206-47C2-8424-7439883A7FCB.webp
    258.3 KB · Views: 533
  • EF3FD6B0-F23D-4DEC-A70C-4FC1312129DB.webp
    EF3FD6B0-F23D-4DEC-A70C-4FC1312129DB.webp
    76 KB · Views: 539
  • D540D084-06D6-4A26-92C8-2771C4EA09BB.webp
    D540D084-06D6-4A26-92C8-2771C4EA09BB.webp
    242.6 KB · Views: 549
  • 0D9E684A-DC1D-43F5-90C6-C9041EBD9A9C.webp
    0D9E684A-DC1D-43F5-90C6-C9041EBD9A9C.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 552
  • C09DA7F1-7A83-42B0-BFDC-A461B25745D4.webp
    C09DA7F1-7A83-42B0-BFDC-A461B25745D4.webp
    280.4 KB · Views: 560
  • D614C75A-12D3-4B02-A5D3-FFF6FD80DCA1.webp
    D614C75A-12D3-4B02-A5D3-FFF6FD80DCA1.webp
    171.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 8BABBD52-BC7F-4363-8091-A36EB4CADEEF.webp
    8BABBD52-BC7F-4363-8091-A36EB4CADEEF.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 4B40D1D2-3481-4116-8F8B-801FD869DB7C.webp
    4B40D1D2-3481-4116-8F8B-801FD869DB7C.webp
    202.2 KB · Views: 510
  • 3DB19ADF-8ABB-45C7-B276-542957102594.webp
    3DB19ADF-8ABB-45C7-B276-542957102594.webp
    234.3 KB · Views: 472
  • E24DB199-AC87-44C2-9206-01FCF8D8E7B5.webp
    E24DB199-AC87-44C2-9206-01FCF8D8E7B5.webp
    256.8 KB · Views: 453
  • 5BC3730B-0945-43F2-BFA3-3AC02BF7EDBF.webp
    5BC3730B-0945-43F2-BFA3-3AC02BF7EDBF.webp
    197.9 KB · Views: 469
  • 1AFF772F-C642-4D00-91BD-0EA369B819BE.webp
    1AFF772F-C642-4D00-91BD-0EA369B819BE.webp
    164.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 9EAB4DEB-4181-4A20-8FF2-87A38B3DA2ED.webp
    9EAB4DEB-4181-4A20-8FF2-87A38B3DA2ED.webp
    149.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 54C37A60-CE26-4F39-8CA4-5DB53E9B3DEA.webp
    54C37A60-CE26-4F39-8CA4-5DB53E9B3DEA.webp
    183.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 724D437E-DDE7-43B4-BC80-81A80DDA15FE.webp
    724D437E-DDE7-43B4-BC80-81A80DDA15FE.webp
    247.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 726B5838-32FD-411A-ACFD-CB5CECF3AE36.webp
    726B5838-32FD-411A-ACFD-CB5CECF3AE36.webp
    283.9 KB · Views: 480
  • 40B474AB-D589-4808-B039-7526B59E9DAD.webp
    40B474AB-D589-4808-B039-7526B59E9DAD.webp
    133.1 KB · Views: 454
  • 64952B0D-79DF-49A4-93DD-990867FD32B9.webp
    64952B0D-79DF-49A4-93DD-990867FD32B9.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 432
Judging by the year of the car and the honeycomb grill and wheels that looks like one of the final sports edition models..You are aware you can determine this by putting the VIN code into the free BMW decoder..if so one of the rarest 3.0 models..Good luck with the sale
 
Thank you. You’ll see from the pics that it was Jan02 build and I think they built until 03. When I bought the car I looked enthusiastically at the build, the spec and how many 3.0’s were built in this colour and trim spec, (not that many).
I might also be misguided but I think there’s a tendency to overvalue these cars, just like they do with the z4 coupe that I sold not too long ago.
Make no mistake, the z3 is a special car and a unique one too. Totally different to the z4 coupe, not as quick, not as sorted, but the z3, 3.0 is a real driver’s car (even in automatic guise) and one that certainly puts a smile on your face.
I do believe someone will buy mine and will appreciate it like I’ve done and will smile when they drive it and smile quietly when they see people turn their heads as you drive by.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the ad. Paul
 
Wish I could take it Paul. Its a special car at a fair price.

Tony.
 
Thank you. You’ll see from the pics that it was Jan02 build and I think they built until 03. When I bought the car I looked enthusiastically at the build, the spec and how many 3.0’s were built in this colour and trim spec, (not that many).
I might also be misguided but I think there’s a tendency to overvalue these cars, just like they do with the z4 coupe that I sold not too long ago.
Make no mistake, the z3 is a special car and a unique one too. Totally different to the z4 coupe, not as quick, not as sorted, but the z3, 3.0 is a real driver’s car (even in automatic guise) and one that certainly puts a smile on your face.
I do believe someone will buy mine and will appreciate it like I’ve done and will smile when they drive it and smile quietly when they see people turn their heads as you drive by.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the ad. Paul
June 02 was when the last Z3 rolled off the production line at the American factory with the German sounding name :-) so yours is in the last six months of production when they included virtually everything that had been an extra as standard to persuade you to buy a Z3 and not wait until you could buy a Z4
 
If the steering was on the other side, this would be mine already.
imho we are looking at a future classic auction item here.
 
Wish I could take it Paul. Its a special car at a fair price.

Tony.
Thanks Tony. Your opinion on the forum is respected and valued. It’s a good honest car that we have cherished and have been proud to own.
 
Ok...can you spare 30 mins for me to have a quick look before you head off up the M27?
 
Ok...can you spare 30 mins for me to have a quick look before you head off up the M27?
Yes, of course.
Ferry arrival time 07.45 am.
I‘m often on the ferry with our California but never seem to either get on early, or off promptly but there’s no rush at that time of the morning.
Nearer the day we’ll get a plan and a place to meet up.
Best
Paul
 
Yes, of course.
Ferry arrival time 07.45 am.
I‘m often on the ferry with our California but never seem to either get on early, or off promptly but there’s no rush at that time of the morning.
Nearer the day we’ll get a plan and a place to meet up.
Best
Paul
Perfect.. I have sent you a PM .. if you want to reply to that when you know more that would be great
 
Hi Paul

I sympathise with the Brexit problem.
Let me know if you don't sell to Antstark.
Car looks very nice, I would like to see it too.
I am in Bristol too.
Gordon
 
Hi Paul

I sympathise with the Brexit problem.
Let me know if you don't sell to Antstark.
Car looks very nice, I would like to see it too.
I am in Bristol too.
Gordon
Ok Gordon. I’ll let you know. I’m in Clifton. Paul
 
Back
Top